Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

241 - 247 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #241 ·
Small update:

Added some retrofitted headlights. Had them built about 3 years ago. Last year, I finally got them. I had a friend of mine make them for me so I wasn't in a rush at all. I ended up getting 2 sets of retrofitted headlights out of the deal so I can't complain!

They have blue halo's that I can't run but these aren't the one's I plan to actually use. The other set requires a harness as it has a bunch of different lights and things that need power so I have to build it. I'm very happy with the looks of them.

These are the ones I'm waiting to finish. They have red eyes and halos and projectors in the turn signal locations along with halo's there as well. .

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #242 ·
Dang, it's been a while since I've updated this lol

The Patagonia MT's finally wore out and needed replacing. I was going to get them again but the price for them has skyrocketed and were no longer a budget friendly tire. My room mate works at Firestone and hooked me up with the Firestone Destination MT2's, same size 315/75r16. I decided to just keep my Patagonia spare and ordered 4 of the MT2's. Also decided to go to a OEM Steel wheel. They aren't the kind I really wanted but hell, for $50 for a set of 4 with center caps, hard to pass up. I ended up painting them in a krylon fusion dark copper. It's a little darker that I would really like but overall I like them. I would rather have had a slightly lighter color but oh well. I also have to change out vinyl now to match and that's proving to be harder than I thought. The only dark-ish copper vinyl I can find is wrap material and its not cheap. But anyway, here are some pics!

Comparison of the new and old

Time to paint! I went to the Dollar Store to try and find flash cards but they didn't have any so I used animal flash cards lol. Just used a 2 in 1 primer, at least 3 coats each.

Put about 4 coats of the paint on them. Came out super clean and laid down very well. I used Krylon Fusion Dark Copper. It also was a 2 in 1 primer so that's additional coats of primer lol.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #243 ·
Also you'll see the difference width wise on the ProComp 7089's and OEM Steel

Finished product:

Nothing much to update other than that really. I'm redoing ALL the suspension. Waiting to assemble the Pro Comp Titan/Tundra setup and received my Alcan's. 3" +500lbs over stock. I'm also putting on new ball joints and bushings on the DK Uppers and standard bushings in the lowers, along with new tie rods. Just getting things ready for WENT in Sept. No real major mods have happened. Pretty much in maintenance mode for now.

I also have a pair of Diode Dynamic SS3 fogs. Currently working with them to try and make them fit into a Shrock bumper. Right now, none of their trims on the lights work for shrock. They are too wide but I'm trying to figure it out. Hopefully soon I'll have a solution and can get something to work.

·
TNX Veteran
4,465 Posts
Dang those Patagonia's were so worn they downsized to 34s lol. They really took off quick after their release, not surprised on the price. I think the new wheels and color are great, ESPECIALLY the offset. Those pro-comps stuck out ridiculously far IMO. Looks like you took your time with paint & prep!

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #245 ·
Dang those Patagonia's were so worn they downsized to 34s lol. They really took off quick after their release, not surprised on the price. I think the new wheels and color are great, ESPECIALLY the offset. Those pro-comps stuck out ridiculously far IMO. Looks like you took your time with paint & prep!
Yea the pats wore pretty quick after Moab and were VERY loud at the end of their life. I remember getting a set of 5 for $800 shipped. Now, they were around $1300 or so. I have yet to paint the center caps but I plan to paint them black with the logo in the dark copper. Or just all black, not sure yet. I HATED the procomp 7089's lol. Could not wait to take them off! Now I'm just trying to find a spare wheel so I can be fully rid of them. I meant to paint them before I had them mounted and balanced but I didn't get a chance with the constant rain. I have to take them back because the wheel weights were not attached properly and 3 of them flung off. The driver side front didn't even need a weight so that's good. The truck is sitting now until I get everything in and then I can tackle it all in 1 day and have the tires sent back to Firestone for rebalancing and weights.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
How many miles did the patagonia's last?
They are still one of the cheaper tires in the 285/75 size, so they are in the running for my current options.

That copper looks great!
Wrap vinyl is expensive... but its SOOO nice to lay down. VERY forgiving!

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #247 ·
How many miles did the patagonia's last?
They are still one of the cheaper tires in the 285/75 size, so they are in the running for my current options.

That copper looks great!
Wrap vinyl is expensive... but its SOOO nice to lay down. VERY forgiving!
I got them on Sept 9 2018. I'd say maybe 30k miles on them? maybe more? They lasted maybe 2.5 years. I forget the miles I had on the truck when I got them installed. I started getting odd wear and it was downhill from there. Even tried high PSI to correct it but nothing helped. They were fantastic though in the terrain I put them through. I would have like to have them last a little longer but its a hybrid MT/AT so they have a soft compound.

241 - 247 of 247 Posts