Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

GPD605X's New TS'd Build Thread - PBR

43K views 255 replies 36 participants last post by  dmski 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Intro Comments: So I flew up to Chicago and picked up my new rig! I have to say, I'm absolutely loving this thing!! I can't stop smiling and staring at it! This rig used to belong to Paulkuczs and here's his build thread. He hasn't updated it in about 2 years so there's not a lot on it.

Username: GPD605X

Rig Nickname: Paulkuczs Zombie Rig

Make:
Nissan
Year: 2007
Model: Xterra
Trim: S Titan Swapped!
Color: Super Black

MODS:

Suspension/Wheels/Tires:

• Milestar Patagonia MT 315/75/16
  • ProComp 7089 Wheels
  • PRG Advanced 4x4 Kit, Tundra/Titan Coilovers, Adjustable Shackle, U-Bolt Flip Kit
  • Alcans with 3" lift and 350# over stock weight.
  • M205 regeared to 4.10, with ARB air locker
  • ARB Air Compressor
  • M226 with electronic locker
  • M226 Ballistic Fab High Capacity Diff Cover
  • InSain Rear Shock Skids

Armor:
  • White Knuckle Off Road 2" BL Sliders
  • Bucksnort H2 Rear Bumper (LOVE THIS THING!)
  • Hefty Rad Skid
  • Shrockworks Front bumper with factory fogs

Exterior:
  • Craven Speed Stubby Antenna
  • Pasti-Dipped Grille and Killswitch Zombie Apocalypse Badge (going to be repainting it and making it look my old one)
  • RBH2 Raingler Ballistic Rack Handle
  • Cheeto Rear Back Up Camera
  • 4' Firestick
  • 42" Auxbeam X-Series Light Bar on the Roof
  • 2" JerseyParts body lift
  • WeatherTech Vent Visors
  • DepHep Roof Basket with Hi-Lift mount
  • Southco Locking Wetbox Handle (broken, thanks dealership)
  • Airflow Snorkel
  • F*%@ You reverse lights
  • Gobi Pass Side Ladder
  • 21.5" Auxbeam X-Series LED Light bar

Interior:
  • Pioneer AVH-X5600BHS
  • Nissan Cargo Cover
  • Plasti-Dipped Oh Sh!t Handles
  • Raingler RIXN Large ceiling net
  • WeatherTech Digitifit FloorMats (Front's only, stealership apparently wanted the rears more)
  • Midland 1001LWX CB with PA and Weather
  • OTRATTW switches
  • It had heated seats but the stealership apparently wanted to take those out along with the seat covers.
  • Bullydog GT Tuner
  • Hep's Designs Molle Panels X2
  • Ax mount on the rear hatch. (Going to replace that with my Molle Panel from my other rig)
  • Xterra Performance center console cover
  • Upgraded Rear view mirror with compass and temp reading
  • Replaced the stock Over head lights with an SE sunglass one with LED interior bulbs
  • Rear Headrest paracord grab handles

Gear:
  • ABC FireExtinguisher
  • 48" Hi-lift Xtreme

PHOTOS:

My son definitely approves of the new rig! He loves climbing the Gobi Ladder lol;

I'll be uploading more info once I get the low down from Paul on everything he's done to it. I'll be driving the rig to WENT also so I'll have some nice wheeling pictures soon!

See less See more
#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
A little update since WENT. Had an absolute blast at WENT! The rig tested fabulous and met all expectations. Its weird though, I bashed my Sliders more this year than I did on my previous rig but hey, that's what they are there for! During WENT, I got some really good flexing shots and really stretched its legs! Just waiting on the pics to come in from the other folks that were in our group. There's definitely a setback at being so wide with the TS, but that's ok with me lol. Put a nice little ding in the front Rad Skid, but again, that's what it's there for! I finally got home and noticed the Rear Diff was dripping a little bit so I went ahead and painted the new Ballistic Fab High Fill Cover that Paul gave me and threw it on there with some Royal Purple. It definitely needed to be changed, it appeared to have a little Water in it and it was completely Black. Painted it in Rustoleum Gloss Cherry. I do plan on painting the Skull a different color, but I was in a hurry to change the Cover so I didn't worry too much about it. There were a lot of goodies at WENT in the raffle that I put in for... LED Cubes, Rock Lights, new Pro-4X Rims, Storage Boxes, Tow Straps and such. I finally won something big! I won a set of White Knuckle Sliders and a Tow Strap! So now that I have 3 Sets of Sliders, (Shrock from the last rig, XT Fab ones that are currently on the rig and the White Knuckles), I have to decide which ones I want more. None of the 3 are accommodating of the BL, but I kind of like having that extra step into the rig. Once I mock the White Knuckle Sliders up then I can decide on which ones I want or might sell all 3 of them and get the proper 2" BL Sliders. I mounted some 7" Round LED's on the Shrock that I had laying around also. I still need to figure out what I'm going to do about the KC's... 2 of them stopped working at WENT and the other 2 aren't bright at all. Paul converted them over to HID and they have this Purple-ish Tint to them which is hideous IMO. I can't decide if I want to keep the Xoskel and replace them with LEDS or take the Xoskel off and put my 40" Light Bar up there. I'd like to find some nice 6" Round LED's, but those are pretty hard to find apparently. But enough with the rambling lol. Here are some pics I took at WENT!

Old Diff Cover:

New Diff Cover:

Carrie bent an Idler Arm, went got a Big Pry Bar and bent it back. It wasn't too bent so that was good. She then cut a Tire. Wasn't a good day for her lol.

The next day, she blew her Front Axle and that was an interesting recovery... Had to Winch her forward while trying to drag her a$$ end around so she can go back down the trail.

Doing a little teeter tottering.

Casey who took the picture said the Tire was at his chest, that's how far it was lol.

Here's where I smacked the Rad Skid.

Group Photo.

Also went to the Nemo Tunnel with my fellow NORSE guys.

Saturday was a nice slow day. Went with the Beginner Intermediate group and of course, I see a big rock, I mount it lol.

Tested out the Gobi Ladder and DepHep rack to see if it could handle my big old ass lol. Was very surprised at how sturdy it was for me.

Breslin just had to make the group photo a little more awesome! haha...

#13 ·
^Yea, that's what I'm thinking. They also stick out 14" from the frame and the outside tubing isn't bent upwards like Shrock and such so that very well maybe why it hit so much. I'm uploading my pictures from WENT so I'll have some good flexing shots up real soon. The rig handled fantastic on the trails!

#24 ·
GPD605X's New TS'd Build Thread

Little update:
Contacted White Knuckle and they are sending me some 2" BL sliders in exchange for the ones I won at WENT! So just waiting on those to get here! Also got some free tinted taillights off a buddy in FL and they look awesome! When Uploaded a pic, someone mentioned that the rear tires look off. I thought it was just the angle until I got out my ruler and sat it flush against the rear fenders. The driver side tire is out just a little more than the passenger side. (See Pics) I also noticed that the shackles don't look straight like they are supposed to so I'll have to investigate that too. Got some new flush mount pods for the corners that I need to install. Also got a new backup camera that I still need to install as the old one doesn't work anymore. Also ordered up 4 new 55W bulbs and 55W HID kits for the KC's. I think these will suffice until I figure out if I wanna go back to my totron bar again. Round LEDs seem to be lacking in the spot/flood department or at least from what I can tell from online videos. They do make some 60W round LEDs but they are almost as much as a decent light bar and there's not really any reviews on them. Also mounted the Hi-Lift on the DepHep, just need to get a lock for it.

Drivers Side:

Pass Side:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#28 ·
A few updates...

Ditched the 35w ballast and the horrible purple bulbs. 2 of the ballast stopped working for some reason. Switched with over to 55W 6k bulbs which are a nice crisp white which makes a huge difference.

Also installed some flush mount pods in the corners.

And did a trail clean up with the local Off Road group and got a nice pic out of it.

#29 ·
Update:
The hids aren't working out so well. One lens started retaining water and now only 3 work. Going to yank em out and put my bar back on. Instead of taking down the headliner to get the xoskel off, just going to see if I can fit a mount on there to mount the bar.

In other news...
Finally took off my non BL sliders and put on the new White Knuckle Off Road sliders. I love these things. They are very well built and solid all the way around. Very pleased with these.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.