Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
on line
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't even have my X yet (hopefully I'll pick it up Tuesday) and I already feel the need to install the rock sliders. I'll probably oder them this week...what's the current wait time for them?

Rob

·
on line
641 Posts
usmc xterra said:
Jim has a new answering system and two new people in the shop
When I called recently to check on my order, someone answered the phone, and when I asked for Jim, he put me on hold, but then came back on the phone and asked if I could call back, as Jim was busy - the "steel truck" had just arrived. When I called back later that day, Jim was busy again - installing the new phone system in the shop. When I did talk to Jim the next week, he was in the shop, but he's using a headset with a noise-canceling microphone. While we were talking someone in the shop dropped a piece of steel, and he asked if I could hear it, but there was just a faint background noise. My order for a front bumper and sliders was placed December 1st - the bumper is done, and the sliders had just gone to the powder coater, so my order will likely ship this week. So, from ordering to shipping almost 2 months, but that includes the presumed rush of orders before the price increases, and the holiday season.

·
on line
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OUCH! 4 to 6 or even 8 weeks? I hate to even wait a few days for something. I guess I better get them ordered SOON!

·
on line
463 Posts
Busy is Really Good
And,
The product is the best I've seen !
And, yes We are All, " Instant Gratification " people.
How's that Go ? " If I wanted it yesterday, I would have ordered it today !"

Bottom Line to this is Jim's work is great And, worth waiting for in my opinion !

Jim B

·
on line
13,466 Posts
Yeah, we all want the stuff now. But i look at it like this. Would you like something fast and shitty? Or slow and perfect? I just spent a wad of cash with shrock works and if i have to wait two months for my money to bring me something i know will be reliable, then ill wait. Think of it this way. It all more or less hand made stuff. And thats usually the best. I hear those arb bumpers dont even compare.

·
on line
641 Posts
I ordered my shrock stuff two days after I special ordered my X.

I got the X a few months before my armor...

·
on line
559 Posts
You could always wait until they come up on eBay. Oh wait. I think I was the only one that was THAT lucky.

:glasses2:

·
Super Moderator
2,600 Posts
dpatton said:
My order for a front bumper and sliders was placed December 1st - the bumper is done, and the sliders had just gone to the powder coater, so my order will likely ship this week. So, from ordering to shipping almost 2 months, but that includes the presumed rush of orders before the price increases, and the holiday season.
I ordered my sliders on Dec. 1, too. I called Jim today, and he said that they should be back from the powdercoaters, and shipping out this week.

·
on line
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Now I'm undecided...I kind of like the 4crawler rock sliderz. I like the way they extend a little farther out than the shrockworks and they provide a flat surface to stand on. The shrockworks do look sweet though....

Decisions, decisions!

·
on line
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I agree, the rock sliderz don't look quite as "finished" as the shrockworks. It's hard to tell from the pics, how far do the shrockworks sliders extend past the frame?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts