Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
on line
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got the husky cargo liner, let me dissuade anyone from buying this thing, I expected a big, heavy, perfect fitting piece of rubber, I got some thin, light crappy piece of rubbery plastic. Nay was it worth the 50 bucks. thumbs down!

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Ya have to give it a chance, Thickness don't matter, that condom worked didn't it?
Install it, you'll like it. It needs to be flexible to form fit to your vehicle.
I have the weathertech floor mats, same construction, Love em! Saved my carpet bigtime at ECXC.
I did have the Cargo liner from Husky also, I sold it to Slater because I have a sub and it did not fit with that in there, I'd had to cut it. And reason I wanted it was to catch spills. so that was a no go for me.

MC

·
on line
1,667 Posts
might be a stupid question but does the cargo liner cover the sliding mounts or is there cut aways?

·
on line
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
there's an area that's got a raised border around it that you can cut out so it'll still be leak resistant

·
on line
54 Posts
I gotta agree with MC. Husky liner for the cargo area and also for rear seat were the first thing I bought and I think they fit nicely and are plenty sturdy (I knew what to expect from having them in my previous truck).

The only issue I have, and this is with Nissan, not with Husky, is that the floor still gets all scratched up from the liner rubbing on it. A plastic cargo area was just not a good idea.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
To restore your plastic Nissan interior to like new condition use Turtle Wax "ICE" synthetic auto wax. Yes that's what I said. Get the real stuff not the quick detailer. Rub it on wipe it off like new for months. Autozone, wal mart.
Also good on floor mats, no, it's not slippery on vinyl and rubber. It is on paint though!
MC

·
TNX Administrator
20,374 Posts
dragonplayboy;
Like your new ride (avatar) - how does she do on corners?

·
on line
2,072 Posts
The Turtle Wax Ice does make the plastic look newer again, but it doesn't get rid of scratches. I find that every time I get back from camping I have a new gouge somewhere in the back, especially one the side of the wheel well bumps.

I just bought 2 of those fatigue mats from Costco - $20 for both - cut them to fit into the cargo area and they work great. Doesn't hold spills, but it sits snug, and nothing slides around, which was my big pet peave.

·
on line
1,479 Posts
Bueller44 said:
The Turtle Wax Ice does make the plastic look newer again, but it doesn't get rid of scratches. I find that every time I get back from camping I have a new gouge somewhere in the back, especially one the side of the wheel well bumps.

I just bought 2 of those fatigue mats from Costco - $20 for both - cut them to fit into the cargo area and they work great. Doesn't hold spills, but it sits snug, and nothing slides around, which was my big pet peave.
can you post a pic of your set up?

·
on line
143 Posts
Wax will eventually turn plastic into milky looking crap.....might look good for now, but give a few years.....

·
on line
1,831 Posts
Jeeze man, I'm glad everyone else is concerned about jackin up their cargo liners too. Part of my job entails trucking around heavy, metal trays full of surgical instruments and they have the tendency to slide around and fawk up anything they come in contact with.

My fix:
I bought a roll of that "spider-webby" stuff you place under big rugs in your house so they don't migrate, measured, and trimmed it to a perfect fit. it's not only cushy and soft but it's tacky as hell so nothing can slide around, even on sharp turns. If you want to remove it, all you do is roll it up and stash it.

________
Pain Management Advice

·
TNX Administrator
20,374 Posts
Syndicate said:
Old Navy, I'm pretty familiar with that stuff.

It's really intended more for really hard plastics, like Polycarbonates.
According to the product information it is NOT RECOMMENDED for Polycarbonate Plastic!

It states that it is perfect for plastic dashboards and instrument panels. It also states that with repeated use it can restore faded plastic finishes and remove discoloration, (i.e. exterior plastic).

I'm going to try some and will let you know what happens.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts