Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
on line
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yup...I'll post some pics up tomorrow...

I was in a heavily congested area and about 30 cars ahead of me, started slamming brakes and I slammed mine too and the guy behind me hit me in the right corner. He had a 5 year old in the front seat!!!

Damage:
Right corner piece, step, complete bumper, tailpipe, and possibly suspension problems.

His car was crushed in the front and he couldnt get out of his door...

from the damage done to my X, you would never have thought that his car would be so bad.

Now to have insurance fix it up since he got the ticket and maybe get my a shrocky bumper!

The sad part was it took over an hour for a cop to get there to write a freaking ticket....they are always around when you don't need them..but whenever you do..poof! they're outa sight!

·
on line
316 Posts
Get the shrock bumper and I guarantee you they will get 99% of the damage if they hit you.

·
on line
3,331 Posts
I thought for sure I was going to today.. it was bumper to bumper and the lady behind me kept looking down to write stuff on a piece of paper. I thought for sure she wouldn't look up one of those times.

But that sucks dude.. unless you get a shrockworks rear bumper and no insurance increase.. then its kinda cool.

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Sorry to hear man, glad you're okay.

mcampana said:
save some of it for a new Shrockworks bumper.
I have a wicked hill near my house and I'm waiting for some one to rearend me so I can get a shrock bumper. That's how I plan on paying for it. :)

·
on line
77 Posts
at least you're ok. i hope the cops cited him for having that kid up front as well. what kind of car was the other guy driving?

·
on line
10,133 Posts
the way it worked with me when I hit a deer with my stock front bumper - i called insurance and they had me meet with an adjuster. He looked at the truck, and crunched numbers. Then cut me a check on the spot for the repairs (- $500 deductible). No questions asked after that. of course, i already had my new bumper from Shrockworks ordered, so it was a matter of recouping the funds.

·
on line
81 Posts
I accidently backed into a retaining wall last week and crushed just the molded corner part of the bumper, and the step broke off from the pressure of the bending plastic. The big surprise, $45 for the corner part and $10 for the step, and $15 shipping from courtesy nissan. And it comes right off and goes back on with a few screws. I might do a write up about it just to show how easy it is. The bumper I am sure costs a bit more.

·
on line
14,014 Posts
epor said:
I accidently backed into a retaining wall last week and crushed just the molded corner part of the bumper, and the step broke off from the pressure of the bending plastic. The big surprise, $45 for the corner part and $10 for the step, and $15 shipping from courtesy nissan. And it comes right off and goes back on with a few screws. I might do a write up about it just to show how easy it is. The bumper I am sure costs a bit more.
Only $45 for that whole rear bumper side step thingy?!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts