Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
on line
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friday the Second of March. 3-2-07
Went to Discount tires that morning to get some new tires put on my X so i can go down to Panama City, Florida for College Spring Break

then the worst happen on the way back home.
A 18-Wheeler runs me over on a Right Turn..
here are the pics of mi X after the Wreck and the new Tires..
MI Pooorr X..

BF GoodRich A/T 255/70R16 New Tires

Pics of mi X at the Crash

·
on line
1,479 Posts
OH S*** man... wow... At least you are ok. Sorry for the X. Hope they will pay for everything

·
on line
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BGXterra said:
OH S*** man... wow... At least you are ok. Sorry for the X. Hope they will pay for everything
nah bro
they said it was my fault
since the trucks has the Wide Turn Signs on the Back..

yea it does suckkk

·
on line
564 Posts
OUCH!...I feel for ya bro!

Rob

·
on line
1,831 Posts
Jang Pilmo said:
nah bro
they said it was my fault
since the trucks has the Wide Turn Signs on the Back..

yea it does suckkk
I'd blame it on you too but it still blows. I guess the sign speaketh the truth after all.
Sorry about it bro.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
They call that the no zone. Never hang right of an 18 wheeler. The driver can't see you if you are closer to his vehicle than say about 10 feet, And if you think the left side right by the driver door is any safer? Well, try one on and find out. That was a tap, I've seen a run over. Mind you any bump is bad timing, you loose the use of the X for???? And that sucks. Hope it works out. Should be some used bumpers out there in good condition. MC

·
on line
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jwd270 said:
Ouch...

Well look at the bright side. I think you have the first X with ram air.
haha

·
on line
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
usmc xterra said:
They call that the no zone. Never hang right of an 18 wheeler. The driver can't see you if you are closer to his vehicle than say about 10 feet, And if you think the left side right by the driver door is any safer? Well, try one on and find out. That was a tap, I've seen a run over. Mind you any bump is bad timing, you loose the use of the X for???? And that sucks. Hope it works out. Should be some used bumpers out there in good condition. MC
is gonner cost 2,500 to fix everything..
and that is all the new partsss

·
on line
1,361 Posts
usmc xterra said:
I am scared of the no zones, I always make sure I can see the driver in their mirror when passing or going around, my theory is if I can see him he can see me.

·
on line
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lostboy said:
usmc xterra said:
I am scared of the no zones, I always make sure I can see the driver in their mirror when passing or going around, my theory is if I can see him he can see me.
yea after what happen i fear trucks now hahaha

·
on line
15,651 Posts
My father was a trucker for quite a few years. Growing up I heard all the stories of cars and trucks running them over. Looks like that one wasn't too bad after hearing some of the stories. Glad your ok and that's what insurance is for. :)

·
on line
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
muzikman said:
My father was a trucker for quite a few years. Growing up I heard all the stories of cars and trucks running them over. Looks like that one wasn't too bad after hearing some of the stories. Glad your ok and that's what insurance is for. :)
yepyepyep

·
on line
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
miles said:
thats to bad..hope everything gets fixed soon!
yea me too
just waitin to get da X backk

·
on line
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
miles said:
When do you get tit back? I am sure it will be as good as new...
they said it is suppose to take about four to 5 days so im expecting to get it back today or Friday..
until then i will have fun in my Grand Prix...
hehe

·
on line
6 Posts
If you want to try and fight that it is your fault I would recommend getting a copy of NC commercial driver's manual and seeing what it has to say about making left/right turns. In PA trucks are legally not allowed to swing to the left prior to making a right hand turn and then cut back across the lane that they were traveling in (because of the very thing that happened to you).

Best of luck.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts