Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
What year and trim do you have? I just put mine on and have a 2006 SE trim. I think I need to trim the front grill a little but not quite sure how to go about doing that (like how to actually cut it without F-ing it up). Overall it is a nice bumper. Got a Bandlands Apex 12000 lb (overkill I know) winch to fit in nicely.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The way they show to secure the bottom of the grill looks pretty hokey. I don't have a winch yet so I won't be trimming the grill. I have access to a bandsaw so when the time comes i hope that will do the job.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bumper is on. Went very well. Everything fit except my grill and radiator skid. I had to make some holes in the Hefty skid to clear the bumper mount bolts and the skid now fits perfectly. Took the grill to the bandsaw and now it fits.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ordered mine last November when they were on sale, was just told that it should be in next week. It took so long that I've already installed my winch and cut my front grill to get it to fit. I expect I'll have to replace the front grill with whichever style fits the bumper best. Did anyone have to remove the support that goes across in front of the radiator to fit a winch? And did anyone have the shrockworks skidplates? I'm expecting some issues there as well :( Here's my before picture
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Bumper is on. Went very well. Everything fit except my grill and radiator skid. I had to make some holes in the Hefty skid to clear the bumper mount bolts and the skid now fits perfectly. Took the grill to the bandsaw and now it fits.
Best looking bumper out there. Looks great man!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I ordered mine last November when they were on sale, was just told that it should be in next week. It took so long that I've already installed my winch and cut my front grill to get it to fit. I expect I'll have to replace the front grill with whichever style fits the bumper best. Did anyone have to remove the support that goes across in front of the radiator to fit a winch? And did anyone have the shrockworks skidplates? I'm expecting some issues there as well :( Here's my before picture
I have the pre 09 style grill so I did not have to trim it to fit the winch. It sits right on top of the new Nismo bumper. I did have to remove the support that goes across the front of the radiator to fit my winch. I have the same 12000 apex you have.

I also have a shrockworks skid but it is a style like Marksterra with bottom vertical mounts and then mounts that slide behind the swaybar brackets. I think I am going to need to do the same cutting that Marksterra did to mine but have not gotten there yet. I definitely don't have the tools to do that.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive carrying rack Car

1 - 19 of 19 Posts