Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
on line
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have been itching to go off roading out here in CO and decided to give it a go yesterday. I found what was listed as a "2" easy trail with a creek crossing and sutable for stock off road vehicles. I took the directions and my wife and headed off. When i got to the trail head it was confusing on wich trail to go down as they were not posted and I took my best guess. Well I guessed wrong and ended up on a trail rated as a "5". I was on brink of a nervous breakdown by the end of the trail since I have no mods done yet and didnt want to destroy my new 07 X OR on the first time i took it out. Well the only thing I ended up cracking was the two "mudd flaps" in the rear from the large rocks i had to manuver over. Why would you make low hanging mud flaps that are not soft and flexable any way??? Well I have lots more confidence now about how much my stock X can handle and am ready to go find that "easy" trail now...

·
on line
1,206 Posts
Right on man! That trail looks pretty fun. What is the name?

·
on line
1,479 Posts
That a great story. :sign5:

·
on line
358 Posts
There are a ton of great trails in Colorado and near Denver. I been on most of them but that doesn't look fimilar. What is the trail name? Sounds like it's time for your first mod, remove the mudflaps.

·
on line
551 Posts
Now there's the way to break the X in!
Great pictures and do tell which trail that is: it looks vaguely familiar.

·
on line
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I was trying to get onto a trail called "Caribou Creek" in Nederland, CO but ended up on a trail known as "505". I think it is a forest service access road also in Nederland, CO. From what I have come to learn the two trails start at the same spot but are obviously very different. The end of the trail put me in Eldora on the other side of Nederland. It was pretty "X" tream for my very first trail but I still had a good time and it was a great learning "X" perrience!

·
on line
108 Posts
that has happened to me but not on my first time out, but i got turned around lost the trail and was low on gas thank fully i saw my friends truck on the trail that i lost he had stopped to look for me, so i was able to get back over there. for about 5 min i was shacking i had a car full of kids, low gas, and a lost trail = no good. What a way to learn what your X can do. good for you not turning around. It is pretty amazing what you can do in these Xterra's.

·
on line
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Guys!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts