Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
2013 Pro4x 6spd
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently got a used Pro4x and have been slowly tackling issues in my garage like the dreaded passenger catalytic converter and the sixth spark plug from down below. Replaced outer tie-rods, melt mod, axle breather mod and added 285/75/16 KO2's this weekend, pretty happy with the results 馃榾
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Window Automotive carrying rack

Registered
2013 Pro4x 6spd
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the same. Been putting it off for a few months. Assume you tackled it from below instead of the side? Also, what cat did you end up swapping in?
From the side and below, not much on top. I used A/P Eastern from Rockauto for $250, no more code. I recommend removing the rear cat bolts to slide it down and get the front cat to drop out.

Registered
2013 Pro4x 6spd
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome, and great looking Xterra! You are going to fit in great around here. Most of us turn wrenches and work hard to share info to help each other. I'm needing to do both my cats so thanks for the thoughts on unbolting the rear cat. Search for "poor mans flush" on the super easy way to change your transmission fluid. Also search which fluid to use. I've stuck with Nissan Matic S (the only OEM factory fluid I use) and I'm at 255,000 miles without a sign of a problem. But other guys here have had good luck with a couple of aftermarket trans fluids. Oh, and also search for info on the valve covers. The spark plug well has a gasket built into it that fails and leaks oil into the cylinder (which is what killed my cats). Gasket in question is built into the valve cover so you have to replace the entire cover which is cheap from Nissan. You've got a handle on the other main items it looks like! They are great trucks. Be safe.
Thanks! I've got a manual six speed, so I avoided the SMOD issue without knowing about it first :D.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts