Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
on line
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone has used or is using Goodyear Wrangler AT/S tires.
And also if there is anything negative about these tires?
Any comments would be appreciated. I was looking to change tires and
these came up somewhat cheaper than the other brands.

·
on line
4 Posts
From personal experience and back to back testing of lots of major brand tires . . i would recommend the Bridgestone REVO AT - much better wet / slippery road traction with the AQ II Technology- it actually feels like its gripping the wet roads- , good handling and longer tread life, and the ride / noise levels make it great for any road driving. my second choice would be the BFG AT KO- on road it is almost as quiet and is pretty good in the wet, the off road driving/traction of the two tires has been almost equal , but the BFG has earned a reputation of being extremely durable off road especially from impacts in extreme conditions.

hope this helps.

·
on line
807 Posts
I have never run them on my personal vechilce, but I sell tires, and from what I hear/see, I would say that they are kind of just a run-of-the-mill type tire. Certianly not bad, but nothing special either.

·
on line
335 Posts
we use AT/S tires on our blazers at pickett...and that's what i'd say, sorta middle of the road...probably get more for your money elsewhere. probably best of the wrangler series..but that's not saying a whole lot.

·
on line
376 Posts
So you liked the Long trails MC.??
MY OR has them and I swear they slip on my grass yard all the time it kinda pisses me off.
I'm wanting so revos myself but no cash for that......

·
on line
1,695 Posts
TexasX said:
I dunno if any of you have seen this, but I found this survey on tirerack.com that seems pretty useful. It doesn't say how many people rated each tire though. The tire in question, the Wrangler AT/S didn't rate too well...

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=ORAT
Cool find! The AT/S didn't do too hot, but its replacement, the SilentArmor, did. Not too many reviews on it, though, based on miles reported. I'm still shocked every time I see the Revo's ranking; seems like people really love them!

·
on line
2,938 Posts
My father inlaw has a set of revo AT's on his 2500HD and it has made a world of difference. No more slip issues in the rain and no more getting stuck in the mud at his cabin. I am seriously thinking about those tires over the BFG's.

·
on line
844 Posts
what size revo's? I was looking for 285/75/16, but I can't seem to find them in the revos. anyone know a good place for cheap revos?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts