Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after doing some reading here, and going to talk with 2 different tire shops, I think I am going to go with these Good Year Silent Armor's.

America's Tire quoted me $183ea Plus install costs. But I noticed on the quote that the tire they quoted was P265/75R-16 114T, which is the passenger tire, not the LT tire.

Any opinions on if I should get another quote with the LT tire?

Also wanted to ask if where do you guys get your tires installed, if you order them online and have them delivered? It seems to me, most tire shops will not mount tires that they don't sell?

In the summer I do pull a small 14ft travel trailer that weighs in at about 3500lbs loaded. (anti sway bar, but NOT stabilizing hitch, at least not as of yet). I do mostly highway driving, but where I live, we do get snow about the last mile to my house.

Thx for the help:)

·
Registered
192 Posts
I just installed these on my X and I can't say enough good things about them. I went with the LT 275/70/17's which, if I remeber correctly, were a bit pricier than the passenger version. To get them mounted I just went to Nissan and they did it for $90 Cad.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
If you don't do much off-roading you're probably fine with the P rating. Our trucks came stock with p rated tires and have a tow rating of 5000 lbs so technically you should be just fine with a P rated tire. Having an LT rated tire can't hurt though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts