Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More pictures, will post full review soon, the Linx is very complicated device matter of fact it learns as time progresses, install took two full days with many calls to ARB for technical support work was done by Cesar Gonzales @ 4 wheel parts West Covina, I wanted the ability to air down and up without getting a gauge and when I front locker activate via phone. Its slick device but unlike sPOD its too complex ..

Attachments

·
TNX Veteran
3,625 Posts
Sweet setup! The compressor fits almost perfectly there. I looked into the LINX myself but like you said it seemed WAY overkill for me. Also I would be afraid about not having a "backup" option for some essential operations e.g. a rear locker if I lost/broke my phone while out on the trail (totally feasible for me).

·
Same Country as Bucksnort
14,613 Posts
I watched the vid.
In the IT world there is a concept of shared everything and a concept of shared nothing.
shared everything can create single points of failure.

just my .02
party on ......

oh and dont get me wrong.... I do LOVE me some ARB. :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Agreed, I do have switches for the roof and backup which kinda fills-up my dash as for single point of failure I guess that can happen even with solid connection, ARB over-engineers their products and never heard any issue about the quality of their products ..the question that I have which I will need an answer from them is what happens if I loose the phone :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The idea to place the compressor in that area came from member Toro, many thanks for the feedback and that is why it's important to share mods on this valuable forum without it I would have had ton of money :)

·
Same Country as Bucksnort
14,613 Posts
Regarding the software setup.......

I was thinking about all the times I was wheeling and then something goes sideways, and I'm trying to turn the lockers either off or on,
and the wheeling is intense and off camber
and I remember how many times I have hit a wrong button or switch and had the windshield wipers come on or some other damn thing.

And then I try to picture the same tasking/circumstances while I try and push the right area of the small screen while under duress......

I cant picture it without some serious malfunctions.....YMMV

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the positive feedback and as follow-up:

I contacted ARB tech support and here are few comments, (i) the reason there is no app is because they intended to use their own frequency for Bluetooth, WiFi, etc. for reliability, the display is always connected with no chance for disconnect due to lack of coverage etc., (ii) if you loose the display all that is needed is a replacement one which you update and pair with your module, (iii) you can always have switches as backup no issue, for me I plan to connect an airlocker front only and continue to use the factory e-locker anyway via oem switch.

As I said the system actually learns as you use it, kinda like car engine if you don't use your car for a while and start and drive you will notice hesitation and acceleration is not the same similar to a brain if don't use it you loose it. Admittedly its a bitch to install and operate at first but once the unit learns it outshines any sPOD on the market and tech support also stated that future modules in the plans will do wonders e.g. refrigerator control etc., therefore the expandability of the system for my application as an overland rig (not rock crawler) is crucial.

At $660 its not cheap but a similar sPOD is now running around $800 and given the reliability, quality and options of the product I believe I made the right choice.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts