Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
on line
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unhappy with my 2wheel Xterra , so I'm heading back to the dealer to see if I can work out a deal for an 07 OR.
I got her stuck big time this weekend at Santo's pit with no friends for miles.
Only have 1100 miles.
Better half is having a fit about doing this!
Whatya think?
Wish me luck!

·
on line
3,272 Posts
lol. i dont know how logical this is but i just think you might find another dealer to be more receptive to the idea. i mean paying off the old one and adding the negative equity to the new truck sounds like a recipe for abuse like dbax says. i just figure maybe another dealer might give you a better offer on your trade in since you haven't done business with it before.

if you even have another dealer to visit at all. some members are limited in their choices.

·
on line
463 Posts
Ohhh Good Lord !!
This guy is going to move the economy single-handedly !
Did someone once say something about not wheeling without another buddy ?

·
on line
735 Posts
slam that sh!t and put street tires on it, then you won't try to wheel it. Make up for it by supercharging or turboing it. Either that or drive it off a pier...

·
on line
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
they were fairly receptive & possibility of this happening.of course...
CU will probably go for it
went to different dealer just probing around.
I got her for just over 21.Probably gonna cost me around 1800/2500 for a 07 OR w\300miles.
Plus I have to move or lose my add-ons.
They don't have many color choice's though
would rather find used 2nd one ,but they are too high priced.
Wasn't really doing anything crazy to get stuck , but limestone gets really slippery , then really soggy.I was prepared as far as equipment to dig myself out.I did get up on 4th try.
I was hitting some bike trails & went the hard way out of pit...Can't fault me for being adventrous!
I coulda taken the safe trail ,but straight up looked fun!
THat's what it's all about right?
I did put OEM skids everwhere so no damage or anything.

·
on line
638 Posts
I'd recommend selling it yourself.. you'll get more for it and won't have all of that negative equity tacked on to what you finance on the new one. Just my thoughts!

·
on line
166 Posts
squawbanger said:
I got her for just over 21.Probably gonna cost me around 1800/2500 for a 07 OR w\300miles.
Wasn't really doing anything crazy to get stuck , but limestone gets really slippery , then really soggy.I was prepared as far as equipment to dig myself out.I did get up on 4th try.
I was hitting some bike trails & went the hard way out of pit...Can't fault me for being adventrous!
1800/2500 meaning that will be the cost of the swap? If so, jump!

·
on line
1,361 Posts
Wiggum said:
squawbanger said:
1800/2500 meaning that will be the cost of the swap? If so, jump!
seriously, I would trade mine now for an OR for only 1800 extra. :geek:

·
on line
45 Posts
Sounds like they were very receptive to the trade to me. If you add the cost of the 4WD and the OR kit to the cost of a new 2WD model, it would be more than $2500. Surely, you have at least 300 miles on yours by now, so to trade for an OR with 300 miles on it for around $2K seems like a great deal. In fact, it seems so cheap that it is almost fishy! As the other guys mentioned, I would've thought that they would rape you for a trade like that.

Best of luck,
Marty

·
on line
704 Posts
Hi,

I had a similar dilemma: My X is a second car (meaning we do not drive a whole lot), but only one of the adults in the household can drive it because it has a manual transmission. I was thinking of trading the truck in for the same model but with an automatic tranny. Unfortunately, I did not have that much extra lube to accept the loss on the truck.

However, please in mind that I wanted to trade in for the same model: I have OR, Rockford, air bags, towing and protection packages. I can skip the protection and the towing packages, but I do love the sound system and the side air bags (which can be turned off btw). The trade in value for my OR is around 20K, the new car is going to be around 24K + tax if I negotiate. Taking a negative equity on a car is not the brightest idea and I have decided to stick with teaching my other half how to use stick shift. It is going to be painful, but hopefully we'll learn :)

If I were you, I'd try to do two things: Sell the car yourself or trade it in. Currently what you have is probably the bottom of the barrel car. This is fine on the street for now; however, when gas hits $4/gallon, many people will re-evaluate their usage of SUVs. It will be harder to sell SUVs with fewer capabilities and you may end up in a tough money losing situations. If you have 4x4 model you will have better luck re-selling it in the future.

If you can get an OR for less than $3,500 then I think you should do it. A bone stock OR is a very capable car. It has a locker and skids which are better than nothing. If you are going to use this car for moderate trips that involve off-roading (camping, hiking, etc.) then it is all you will ever need. You may also find that you can get stuck even with a 4x4 and I would highly recommend wheeling with buddies.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts