Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
on line
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I drove around Nashville today checking out dealers to get a quote on the X I want. Here is what they found for me @ Cool Springs Nissan

2008 Xterra Off-Road 4X4 Automatic
Night Armor with Charcoal Interior
-Tech Package (Power Everything/RF Stereo)
-Tow Package
-Protection Package
-Sup Airbags (Side Curtain)
-Dimming Mirror with Compass
-IPOD/Line-in Interface

Vehicle Price: $26,805.32
Out the Door Price(Taxes/Delivery/Etc): $30,127.56

This price includes the Nissan 'Friends and Family Discount' option since 3 of my neighbors work at Nissan. They also said there was a rebate for the 2008's until Dec 1.

So does this sound right? The Night Armor was really my second choice to the Midnight Blue but I still love this color. If I order one it's gonna take a few months and I'll miss the rebates etc.

Great sales people here. They never tried to push anything on me. I just said I have my own financing, no trade-in, just give me the price and they never brought those up again.

Feedback and Comments please.
:bounce:

- Russell "MrBugman"

·
on line
704 Posts
I think it is too much. Go tell them to screw their dead aunts. With the price of crude hitting $100, they should be able to give you a better discount. Alternatively, find an '07. I am not aware of any significant changes that make an 07 so much better than an 08.

X is a nice car, but 30K is too much. What quote did you get on carsdirect.com?

·
on line
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Edmunds.com gives me this information:

Total with Options

MSRP $31,400
Invoice $29,149
Others are Paying $31,258

This is also before taxes, title, and license I believe?

·
on line
2,077 Posts
ask the dealer to see the invoice, if it's only a few thousand less then the sticker price then maybe the price is ok, but i still think you can do better, find out what invoice is and start from there.

·
on line
707 Posts
Seems high to me. We got ours in 2006 for $300 over invoice. I just called the internet sales dept and got their lowest price. Another option might be Costco pricing if your dealer offers them.

·
on line
82 Posts
If you are really getting the Friends and Family discount, this should be a certain percentage under invoice. I think the price you put up there doesn't look bad. Looks realistic for what you are getting. I think I paid about $26k for my SE, this was under invoice. Then with titling, taxes, I was probably a little under $30k, but this would vary depending on sales tax in the area. I'd have to look back at all that and see how big of a check I had to cut the DMV. But the vehicle price looks good.

MSRP on that truck is probably close to $31k. Which I see now is what you pulled from Edmunds. I think it is a fair deal, the dealer won't be able to go much lower than that on the price. If it is the truck you want, I'd pull the trigger.

·
on line
610 Posts
I ran the numbers for you on a similar equipped 2007, including taxes, total out of pocket s/b no more than $27K. I think you have gone for every available option, If it were me I wouldnt get all the options, knock about 2K off the price, get the thing with auto tranny for a little over $25K.

·
on line
704 Posts
Wait or get an 07. You should get a better deal.

·
on line
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've been told by many sources that I won't find an 07 OR model anywhere in the US at this point. I waited too long for that.

As for the price and my plans. I'm going to return to this dealer and tell them I want it for $29,000 out the door. Capital One has offered me 1% better interest if the amount is less than $29,100 so I'm just going to show them that.

About all the options I know they add a lot but I thought long and hard about how much they were worth to me. I'm a 21 year old college student and if I'm going to spend so much money I want exactly what I want. I don't want to be paying $350/month wishing I had changed something about the deal. I'd rather pay $385 and be fully satisfied.

Great feedback so far. Really appreciate the replies. Comments here probably weigh more on my decision process than from anywhere else. Love this group. =)

- Russell

·
on line
111 Posts
That's a good price - assuming you do want the various options it comes with. The friends and family deal gets you in just under invoice, and saves some of the delivery fee stuff I think. I got my 2007 offroad with the friends and family discount and $2,500 in rebates for about 25K (I had the upgraded stereo, auto dimming mirror, tow package, floor mats, etc). You've got the side air bags which are extra.

·
on line
355 Posts
I paid $25,500 before tax for my new 2006 SE 4x4. I thought the SE are more expensive than the OR model.

·
on line
2,004 Posts
The reason is, every new yr model, theoretically is 2% more expensive, to adjust inflation. looks like the companies don't want to lose money because of inflation, but they will try to leave pay the same for paying workers, and not to adjust for inflation, sucks.

·
on line
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
$700 for side airbags. I'll be using the X for storm chasing and probably other sticky situations so I wanted them. :p

Also I think I decided last night I'm going to give them the $500 deposit for them to go get the truck. If they only found one I'm worried about missing it now. I saw the guy search, he really did only get 1 that was my color with those packages on it.

Soooo. Wish me luck and I'll let everyone know how much I talk them down.

Also I'm accepting donations so that I can afford to eat something more than ramen noodles for a few years! Haha just kidding.

- Russell

·
on line
244 Posts
Did you try Action Nissan? They were really good to me and gave me a great deal and trade-in..... BTW, don't even try Nashville Nissan downtown.....

1 - 20 of 59 Posts