Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
on line
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So with MOAB only a few months away, I was just wondering who all is planning on making a showing there. I'm debating it, but I've got a few more things to finish up on the rig before I make any straight forward decisions..

so lets here it....

·
on line
2,004 Posts
I'm not going. Don't have the finances for it. again there's a webfur charity. where people can donate money so I can do things like moab.

·
on line
2,248 Posts
I'll be there. I'm already starting to stress about all of the stuff I need to get done on my rig before May.

If there's anybody out there who's on the fence about wether or not they should go, DO IT!! It's like a really kick @ss summer camp for Nissan owners. The sight of the parking lot at the Moab Brewery for the Sunday night meet 'n greet will put a huge smile on your face. You'll see Xterras, Frontiers, Pathfinders and hardbodies driving around town all week long. And yes, everyone adopts the "jeep wave" for that week. You can't help it.

And then there's the trails.... :toothy8:

·
on line
500 Posts
I'll probably descide tonight. There's a music festival the holiday weekend, so I will stay for that and head back to Oregon Tuesday 5/28.

Not looking to pinstrip the Xterra, but some wheelin would be a blast.

Patrick

·
on line
3,262 Posts
I wish I could go.... As Shawn said, if you arent sure whether you want to go or not.... you have to!! Last year was a blast. I got to meet all sorts of great people, and drool over cool rigs. Plus the experience you get from riding trails with veteran drivers is worth more than you can imagine.

I cant make it in 08, but im already suiting up for 09.

·
on line
1,695 Posts
I wish, but not this year. We'll be in Cali the week following. We were gonna try to make it for just the last day or two, but decided it would just be better to try to go to the whole thing another time. Maybe 2009!

·
on line
111 Posts
I should be there again for the last 3 days. 5 days of wheeling is a bit much for the wife. It is great fun, and I'm looking forward to my first time with the new X. The old X did fine, but the locker is oh so nice!

·
on line
82 Posts
I am considering the trip to Moab again.

For those who have not make the trip, I would highly recommend it. I went in 2006 and it was a great time. You get to do some stuff you never thought your truck would do, and the sense of community is great.

Any other people from Minnesota going? It is such a long distance from MN, it was almost 3000 miles round trip from where I live.

Gas just hit a new record high of $100 per barrel, and at $3 per gallon that doesn't help the decision process. Cost isn't the deal breaker for me though, it just doesn't help.

·
on line
576 Posts
DBAX said:
Not looking to pinstrip the Xterra
you're going to have to actively try and get that done..

(not a lot of trees)
;)
What are you talking about Dan? I hit a tree in Moab in 2006. BTW, I will be there for 2008. Wife was complaining she can't get the whole week off for Moab, so she was trying to keep me from going until Wednesday. I bought her a plane ticket instead to meet us on Wednesday :p

·
on line
582 Posts
Jordan... you hit the only tree in Moab that was possible to even hit.

There is a small tree next to his truck... and he hits the damn thing.

·
on line
2,248 Posts
TXterra37 said:
Anyone have anything coordinated for the individual run days? I might be able to make it for the first couple of days w/ my lil brother. Better to bring it up and coordinate through the MOAB forum for those runs?
Why not just hit the trails that are already scheduled for the first couple days? There are going to be a lot more rigs running the trails on the schedule, and seeing what everybody is driving is part of the fun.

Was there something you were dying to run that's not on the schedule? Just curious...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts