Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to sign up for GONE MOAB... They have a box for a promotional code. Does anyone know what this is for? Im sure its for a discount... do we have one?

OH YEAH!!!! WHO IS GOING TO THIS WONDERFUL EVENT ? ? ? ?

·
on line
631 Posts
ME! ME! ME!!

i think im going... not 100% sure yet, more like 95%
but im signing up anyways cuz 95 is better than 0! and promotional code?? hmm didnt know there was one.

·
on line
631 Posts
well, im driving up from vegas by myself cuz nobody in vegas with a nissan wheels it. im meeting some friends there from the Ogden area and part of UXOC. did you find the cod?

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Naaa no code. But i guess its for vendors or something....

Anyway... It will be cool to (probably) see you there. I am probably going to have to go alone also so we should meet up or something.

Anybody know what sort of supplies or things I should bring to help me get through that wonderful week??

·
on line
631 Posts
depends on if you want to camp or stay at a hotel/motel/sleep in your X.

-food (mostly water)
-clothes (warm and cold)
-tools
-camera (gotta have it)
-tent, cooler, camping stove and accys., sleeping bag
-parts (just in case you break something)

what i bring to Moab:
air tank, compressor, cooler filled with tools (makes carrying it easier and it has wheels!), sleeping bag, tent, pillow, foam pad (to sleep on), recovery equipment (i.e. shovel/axe, tow strap, gloves, chains, hooks etc).

my recovery equipment is stored in the roof rack now, and will probably stay there. i have a low profile rubbermaid bin that i got at wally world for about $8. it has other stuff in it too, i really dont know what tho. with that and my cooler and the air tank, everything fits perfectly in the back. then i just toss the other stuff behind it and good to go.

·
on line
3,218 Posts
What's listed above is good for outside camping.. If you've got the duckets, MOAB caters to the traveler also, so check for condo prices (thread on GONE forum "party at RimVillage"), or even a "cabin" at one of the local campgrounds. Be aware that while wheeling there, you're going to be driving UP and DOWN at angles you may have never experienced before. Make sure to secure everything in your rig, as the last thing you need is a toolbox or flashlight hitting you in the head or rolling under your brake pedal.
The weather can change multiple times in one day too, so plan accordingly; Shorts and Ts to coldgear and rainwear.

I'm not going this year (would be my 6th GONE), baby's due early May, but there're many experienced drivers who'll help you have the most fun on the trails (and stay safe). There's going to be a good mix of Gen1 and 2, along with some built Pathys and Frontiers, have a great time.

·
on line
3,218 Posts
That's a shame.. Someone like you who provides so much info and resource to as many Gen2 owners as you do should feel a part of the community which you help to grow, and you do help. I always find it interesting this time of year to see who the drivers are, and who they are not.

·
on line
631 Posts
condos are nice and so are the hotels. but i like getting away from the city and sleeping with the coyotes. i too am interested in seeing who the drivers are. i cant wait!! so excited

·
on line
807 Posts
Damn, I am soo jealous, I want to go to this soooo bad, but there is no way I could afford it.
Maybe next year!

·
on line
631 Posts
Well, I signed up this morning. Number 51! YES! And my dad is going with me since he has never been to Moab before. I will be moving back to Las Vegas 3 weeks before.... anyone coming from the southwest area??? Anybody????

·
on line
78 Posts
OregonX said:
I've signed up and will be there for the first 3 days. Can't wait. Also can't seem to find anyone else from Oregon or even the pacific NW who's going to be going.... Anybody out there?
A bunch of us PNWXers are going to Moab, but earlier in May--not for GONE. Everyone have fun! I went to GOXII in 2001 with my old X, and it was a blast meeting all the other X owners (and Mosi!).

·
on line
631 Posts
is anyone else going?? where is everyone staying at... camping, motel, sleep in their X.... 100% chance i am going now. dont know where we are staying as of now. but we leave the 20th in the morning and probably stay until mid week.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Woo hoo.

Im going to stay at one of the motels that they have discounts at... I think it was Super 8 or something. I also plan on sleeping in the X at least once.

I am going to be there on sunday for the meet and greet... but i probably will only be able to stay through thursday morning... my fiance (sidekick) has to go back to work. :homework:

**Do you guys think that I will need to bring spare parts (stock stuff)... or do you think that since its a nissan event they will have people there with parts on hand in case anything gets busted??

·
on line
3,218 Posts
Do you guys think that I will need to bring spare parts (stock stuff)... or do you think that since its a nissan event they will have people there with parts on hand in case anything gets busted??
Bring a new front diff, CV assembly, and your tools. You should be good to go. Ha, j/k about the diff, but you know you should always be prepared for a week of wheelin'. Hard to say what'll bust the most on Gen2 rigs.. Oh, think outside that box too, bring stuff like tarps, for shade or even protection from a hail storm..Etc.

ETA- No, Nissan willnot have parts to replace what you bust. :)

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just finished driving 10 hours.

Drove from Houston to Amarillo. Urrhhh, still in Texas!!! this state is too friggin big.

Well going to bed, gotta wake up early so we can do some site seeing and make some stops in Colorado on our way there!

·
on line
631 Posts
well... im not going :(

work takes control of my life!! haha

1 - 20 of 20 Posts