Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. AC COILS sells brand new $140/pair. I'm giving for FREE!!! LUCKY PERSON PAYS ONLY SHIPPING COSTS!

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s244/genx_hawaii/P7181742.jpg

2. AC COIL OVER SHOCKS ****SOLD****

3. BILSTEIN REAR SHOCKS ****SOLD****

4. AC REAR LIFT SHACKLES. ****SOLD****

5. TOTAL CHAOS UPPER CONTROL ARMS. ***SOLD****

FYI: I had these parts on my '05 Xterra for 2-3 months max. Mild offroading only once. All in great shape… Just has some sign of use.

PAYMENT & SHIPPING: I prefer PAYPAL. Whoever PMs me first I will confirm my Paypal payment address. Afterwards, I'll post notice of what’s been payed for and sold. All items will ship USPS Priority Mail.

TRUTH BE TOLD: Many kept asking if I'm upgrading to an SAS?? Not happening. Truth is, I'm giving my beloved X to my parents. So of course, they have no need for these mods. So I've returned my X to it's original stock form. So there you go folks!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
xterrock said:
How is the ride with the coilovers? Stiffer/firmer?
i'm not an expert but, i'd say with the coils and the coilovers, i noticed a somewhat firmer front ride but also somewhat soft as well. i found it night and day difference from stock as it would absorb a lot of the everyday humps/bumps on the road. off road i noticed a very compliant ride over rocky areas. combined with the TC uca's it definitely allowed more wheel clearance/play.

hope that helps :cheese:

·
on line
1,638 Posts
Are the new UCA required for coilovers? If new UCA aren't used, how much
contact if any will there be with the stock ones?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
xterrock said:
Are the new UCA required for coilovers? If new UCA aren't used, how much
contact if any will there be with the stock ones?
From direct experience, one should use the the uca's in combination with the coilovers. Once the correct adjustment is made on the coilovers, contact with the coilover bucket and the uca is minimized with the bump stop attached to the bottom of the upper control arm.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
added shocks

I added the rear shocks... turns out I won't be needing them after all.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
xterrock said:
probably a stupid question but can I use stock coils on the AC coilovers? And if so.. does it still give adjustable lift?
Straight answer... nope! Need to use AC coils combined with their AC Coil Over Shocks. About the adjustability, the thing about these coilovers is you'll need to determine what height you want them at as it needs to be set before installing the coil overs.

I'm willing to part all my parts so thats why their seperated. This is definitely a killer deal if you want 'em!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
usmc xterra said:
I thought these sold once already??? MC
Yeah, I'm finding there are some people who tend to back out of buying last minute. I indicated "sold" on the old post in order to close it (didn't know if I needed to ask a moderator to delete it). So, that's why I still have 'em and made a "new" post. Thx for your concerns. Good to ask these questions in order to keep things legit on here. :cheese:

·
on line
1,206 Posts
What was the total lift with just the coils in the front?

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Why couldn't you use the stock coils with these shocks? You wouldn't get any lift out of it, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Also, curious as to why you need to adjust them before installing them? Isn't that what the spanner wrench is for? Take the load off the shocks and tighten/loosen the ring nut.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Muzikman said:
Why couldn't you use the stock coils with these shocks? You wouldn't get any lift out of it, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Also, curious as to why you need to adjust them before installing them? Isn't that what the spanner wrench is for? Take the load off the shocks and tighten/loosen the ring nut.
to give you some background on this... i originally had just the AC coils (which lifts about 3") and used them with my stock bilstein shocks at the time... my first test run through rocky gravel road caused one of my front right shocks to snap and burst in half! Hence i had to purchase the AC coil over shocks which gave it a longer travel. In my opinion after this "shocking" experience, the AC Coil is made to be used with the AC Coil over shocks. BUT, you my friend might be more mechanically inclined than i am and i'd say if you feel safe about it, your idea of using stock coils could very well work... but like all things you'd have to find someone willing to "test" it out.

You're right tho' on your 2nd quote, thats why i am including the spanner wrenches for free! :compress:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
cincinnati_xterra said:
I really want the coilovers but cant part with the 300 I have the AC coils with stock S trim struts.
i still think 300 is one helluva deal for a slightly used coilover system which we all know goes for 650 brand new :cheese: But of course, that doesn't stop people on this board from sending me their most reasonable offers :drunken:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.