Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
on line
2,077 Posts
yup dude, you're way behind on this one, product was finished months ago

i bought my gobi ladder from that seller last month!, and i did not pay full price, those OBO options are great!

·
on line
704 Posts
Hi,

Can you use the ladder without the rack? Does it impact the ability to open the hatch or hatch's range of motion? This ladder is definitely a sweet addition. However, now I can spend $1K on something different. I like the idea of having a ladder since it will allow me to wash and wax the top of the car.

·
on line
2,077 Posts
ladder is a direct bolt on. two plates use double sided tape to stick to the top and bottom of the hatch and the ladder bolts onto the plates. No drilling required, easily removed. does not hinder the hatch opening

·
on line
3,050 Posts

·
on line
3,050 Posts
vman said:
Hi,

Can you use the ladder without the rack? Does it impact the ability to open the hatch or hatch's range of motion? This ladder is definitely a sweet addition. However, now I can spend $1K on something different. I like the idea of having a ladder since it will allow me to wash and wax the top of the car.
and its easier to get to your spare tire if its mounted up their and your gear.

·
on line
1,123 Posts
vman said:
Hi,

The hatch opens fully with the ladder on. In cold weather the stock gas struts may not be enough to hold the hatch open. Gobi just installed some stronger ones on mine and I'm just waiting for a nice, sub-freezing day to see how they work, but so far so good.

willgr1 said:
mcampana said:
Can ya use the ladder with the Shrockworks rear bumper w tire carrier?

kneebuster answered this in the last Gobi thread, yes, but not with the hi-lift/CB antenna mount.
The CB mount isn't a problem but the jack is. A bit of grinding to the jack lever would have solved the problem but since I have the full rack I got the hi-lift mount and put it up there. You can see the pictures of mine on the Gobi pages (the hi-lift mount can be seen in the gallery).

·
on line
95 Posts
I cant find a price, or where to order (for the ladder only). I'm too lazy to call. How much is it and can you get it online anywhere (without calling in).

·
on line
3,050 Posts
kneebuster said:
vman said:
The hatch opens fully with the ladder on. In cold weather the stock gas struts may not be enough to hold the hatch open. Gobi just installed some stronger ones on mine and I'm just waiting for a nice, sub-freezing day to see how they work, but so far so good.

).
i am getting my Gobi ladder in 2 weeks..wondering what type of upgraded struts did they put in to keep the hatch open. got pics of them?

Can you post some pics of your truck...the rear perferably the gobi gallery isnt that clear...cant enlarge pics to get a better look.

thanks
:cheers:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts