Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
on line
2,165 Posts
Sorry for the delay!

I had to cut the two vertical support bars, but when I spoke to Gobi on the phone they said they could make the rack without them, so if you are ordering new, it might be a good idea.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry for the delay!

I had to cut the two vertical support bars, but when I spoke to Gobi on the phone they said they could make the rack without them, so if you are ordering new, it might be a good idea.

Thank you for taking the time to snap pics. This was a huge help! And thanks for the info about calling gobi about the bars. Is that the ranger rack or the stealth?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
on line
2,165 Posts
I don't like the round lights at all, but that is just my preference.

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
I'm bringing this old post back up. Does anybody have a totron/rigid/etc style lightbar on a gobi rack? Basically, a 40" light bar with the mounts on the ends instead of the middle?

I am getting close to buying a new rack. I really wanted an xoskel but that is off the table now...

·
on line
10,980 Posts
I'm not sure I've seen one ... Wiseguy has LEDs on his rack, but it might be an Xoskel. Gobi will work with you to do custom mounting, as well ... I'd call them up.

ETA: Trail Duty or Trail Gear or whoever it is that does a good amount of Gobi reselling, offers a Rigid bar at a discount with Gobi purchase ... so clearly it's not all that hard, if they make it a standard option. I think a 2 row, single bar would look good on a Stealth rack; but on a Ranger, I worry that it'd look too skinny.

·
Registered
604 Posts
When I ordered my Gobi Ranger Rack I was told that they can make it without the center cross bars, they ended up not doing that so I guess I'll just have to mount behind the bars or cut them off, additionally tabs will need to be fabed to mount the bar.

Also, pondering the idea of getting Offroad Gorilla's light bar mounts and seeing if a 40' will replace the position of the Gobi win fairing.

I believe the Gobi Stealth rack will be easier without any cutting .

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
I'm not sure I've seen one ... Wiseguy has LEDs on his rack, but it might be an Xoskel. Gobi will work with you to do custom mounting, as well ... I'd call them up.

ETA: Trail Duty or Trail Gear or whoever it is that does a good amount of Gobi reselling, offers a Rigid bar at a discount with Gobi purchase ... so clearly it's not all that hard, if they make it a standard option. I think a 2 row, single bar would look good on a Stealth rack; but on a Ranger, I worry that it'd look too skinny.
yeah, wiseguy has an xoskel.

And I agree with you about the lightbar on a stealth/ranger. I'm looking at a stealth anyway because my truck is tall enough as it is. and I already have the lightbar.

Trail duty is an AWESOME company to work with btw. I can't say enough good things about them.

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
Could you sandwich a piece of flat stock under the fairing and use the same mounting holes as the fairing.
could you use Offroad Gorilla mounts in front of a Gobi rack?
good ideas, but I think the gobi fairing would be in the way.

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
I wonder if he could extend the mounts and make them mount closer to the windshield...

1 - 20 of 46 Posts