Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
on line
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a new thread that continues Gobi rack update http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=4103

I got back in from Germany rather late and picked up the Xterra at Gobi at 3am this morning (thus the delay in this post). The rack and ladder look great (as you can see in the photos below).

There are 3 rack models. I went for the Ranger which is different than the Ranger for the 1st gens. The other two designs have much shallower baskets. The Stealth is flat across the top much like the Stealth for the 1st gens (http://www.gobinissan.com/). The last rack in called the Hybrid and looks like the original Ranger on the 1st gens.

The ladder is available for either right or left side. I went with the right to work with the Shrockworks rear bumper and tire carrier (which arrived while I was gone).

For reference, the lights on the rack are PIAA 540 series. The 520s stick up above the top bar.

Gobi will be updating their website sometime next week but I thought that you all might be interested in some photos sooner.

I slid the ladder to the right so that it is centered over the door handle. It had been set to the left about an inch to allow access to the lock. Either way works fine with the Shrockworks rear bumper and spare (285).

·
on line
106 Posts
That looks realy good. Is there a way to have a ladder and a tire mount on the bcak?

·
on line
1,320 Posts
kneebuster, you are the MAN!
thanks for giving up the rig and keeping us updated!

NO way in hell the wife is gonna let me drop anymore $$$ like that on the X!

·
on line
1,716 Posts
mcampana said:
Lifeinthesouth..........thats why you dont ask the wife. Just do it and put a bow on it and yell "SUPRISE!" When she see's it. Happy aniversary honey! I got you a gobi rack!
Later that same night...But honey I don't want to sleep in the truck alone, please let me back in the house.

·
on line
1,320 Posts
JAdams said:
mcampana said:
Lifeinthesouth..........thats why you dont ask the wife. Just do it and put a bow on it and yell "SUPRISE!" When she see's it. Happy aniversary honey! I got you a gobi rack!
Later that same night...But honey I don't want to sleep in the truck alone, please let me back in the house.
I tried pulling that one when i did the Titan swap... granted it cost waaay more than this rack.
Dude, that refrigerator box is an uncomfortable place to sleep.
Now she won't even let me get some Hella's for my b-day.

·
on line
564 Posts
Yup, I agree...very freak'n SWEET!

Rob

·
on line
1,792 Posts
Awesome, kneebuster.

I'll just let my girlfriend thank me when we can bring everything we want when we go camping. I can't wait to get one.

·
on line
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Acewrap said:
Any idea how much they will cost, about?
I don't know the prices yet. I'll be heading over there today and will see what I can find out.

AZ-Ted said:
I'd like to see how the ladder fits with the Shrock tire carrier. Does your bumper have the tire carrier with Hi-Lift mount option?
My bumper does have the tire carrier with the hi lift mount and CB tab. I was going to mount it up last night but was just too out of it from sleep deprivation. I'll do it either tonight or tomorrow. I gave the main designer at Gobi some pictures of the bumper so that he could design the ladder around it since I figured that I wouldn't be the only one who wanted both. The ladder does not project back past the edge of the stock bumper so it should be fine even with a larger tire (I'm running 285s). The hi-lift is my only concern at this point due to the way the ladder curves towards the mid-line of the door. I suspect that it will be OK but guess we'll know for sure in a day or two.

They are working on the accessories for this new rack design over the next few weeks. There will be a hi-lift bracket as well as a bracket for axe and shovel. The jerry can tie down system should work without modification as should the tool box, but I'll try to confirm.

·
on line
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
npgtech said:
Did they hook you up for being the Prototype?
They're taking good care of me. They have had my X 3 different times totalling over a month but they lent me one of their Hummers when needed. I'll be giving my rig back to them for a couple more days to design the accessories mentioned above. Overall they have been great to deal with.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts