Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
Joined
·
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of attachments for the Gobi racks are done. You can get a Hi-lift jack mount, a mount for a shovel & axe, and a setup for putting Jerry cans on the top. There should eventually be mounts for a Pull-Pal, as well as a locking tool box or two.





 

·
on line
Joined
·
896 Posts
do you know if you can put the hi-lift mounts on a yakima loadwarior??? They both have the roundbar, but I don't know height-wise if they would fit.

***EDIT, those things are $229 just for the mounts on ebay, too rich for my blood :cheers:
 

·
on line
Joined
·
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
norshor said:
Those look good. Any word on the stronger hatch struts to help the ladder in cold weather?
I'm checking on the status of the new struts. I'll update once I get word.

contenderv07 said:
do you know if you can put the hi-lift mounts on a yakima loadwarior??? They both have the roundbar, but I don't know height-wise if they would fit.
I've got no idea, If you let me know the height measurement of the basket of the Yakima I can compare that to my rack.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
463 Posts
Okay, so I was a little premature in my question.
Thanks for the update !
Yep ! The pics are wayyyy too cool ! We're in a drought out here,,,,,,,all of the waters drying up !

Jim
 

·
on line
Joined
·
1,695 Posts
Animas Forks... cool :geek: .

Rack looks good. I need to fab up a Hi-Lift mount for my Coleman. Anybody got any close-up pics of how the Yak or Gobi mounts attach?
 

·
on line
Joined
·
1,618 Posts
kneebuster said:
norshor said:
Those look good. Any word on the stronger hatch struts to help the ladder in cold weather?
I'm checking on the status of the new struts. I'll update once I get word.
Glad to hear that they will keep you up to date. How are the struts holding up now? I would have killed to have had that ladder last week. Strapping 2 canoes on my rack is a bit of work. I hate jumping from the back step, up to the roof and back down again. Need to get that ladder.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
prod39 said:
Okay, so I was a little premature in my question.
Thanks for the update !
Yep ! The pics are wayyyy too cool ! We're in a drought out here,,,,,,,all of the waters drying up !

Jim
I read this post first so I didn't realize what you meant about being premature. Now I understand.

RockyMtnX said:
Animas Forks... cool :geek: .

Rack looks good. I need to fab up a Hi-Lift mount for my Coleman. Anybody got any close-up pics of how the Yak or Gobi mounts attach?
Good detective work on IDing Animas Forks, not much is showing in those shots. I'll try and get some closer shots of the brackets.

norshor said:
Glad to hear that they will keep you up to date. How are the struts holding up now? I would have killed to have had that ladder last week. Strapping 2 canoes on my rack is a bit of work. I hate jumping from the back step, up to the roof and back down again. Need to get that ladder.
So far the struts are OK. We had a cold morning in Ouray and I had to help it up a few inches to the fully open position but the struts held once there.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
331 Posts
How about the Awning i've seen on the FJ Rack? If it is available could it work without the gobi rack using our factory rack?
 

·
on line
Joined
·
3,272 Posts
Am I the only one wondering how this company stays in business charging that much? I love that rack and I would be all over it but for over 1500 bucks, thats just a lot of money. Even more if you're considering getting the ladder and the accessories.

Just talking out loud. If I wasn't penny pinching, I would probably be ordering one right about now.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top