Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not a flake of snow in sight for us desert dwellers. Thought I'd share a few pics of this last weekend. Enjoy.

I added a little video here. Mostly cruising, but check out the scenery!

http://youtu.be/KhqKFFyPIxA

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice dude!! looked like you a s*** load of fun.
It's funny. I've been going to the dunes since 1986 and have driven 2, 3 and 4 wheelers, rails, side-by-sides... but never took a truck into the dunes for fear of becoming one of these guys.

http://youtu.be/8mMSDWmL1kg

But, after a while getting used to 4500 lbs and no power (comparatively) I realized I could drive anywhere I'd go with something like an old ATC200X. Lots of momentum and common sense. Then it was more fun than I've had there in a long time. I'm working on some vids taken with my friends GoPro. Hope to have some posted before the end of the week.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nice!!! love the dunes... don't take the X in them anymore since she is much heavier these days! Do you have quads too? I need to get out there and ride. Looks like you took the X up olds!!! Nice!
No quads or bikes anymore. 20 years of that and my back is now toast. Taking the X out there was quite an experience. Weight definitely is a bad thing in the sand :)

Yep, I went up Olds the "easy" way - lol. Tried it up the middle and, uh, no. That didn't work... hahaha

I'll go there again for sure. At the end of the vid, going from the store out to the sand drags along the hwy, there were a bunch of slow rolling dunes that were a BLAST in 2wd. Drifting the X on smooth sand was way too much fun!

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Ive seen those flags on X's out in the Middle East alot, are they so you can spot each other on the other side of a dune and dont slam into one another?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ive seen those flags on X's out in the Middle East alot, are they so you can spot each other on the other side of a dune and dont slam into one another?
It's a requirement to ride in the Imperial Sand Dunes. Yes, the theory is that you're seen from the other side of a dune. They help - regardless of how dumb they look... and the fine is hefty if you don't have one.

·
on line
22,508 Posts
Yep. I have a flag for my rig too. They are required in all the sand dunes here in Oregon as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 9 of 9 Posts