Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
on line
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is finally installed; my Gibson cat-back system with 2.5" pipes from cat to muffler and 3" to tip with 4" tip. It looks sick and ill post some pics up when i can. It comes out BELOW the bumper around the stock location which is the only problem that i have with it..... however it would be very easy to cut the pipe and make it basically come out at the stock area.

As for performance and sound...... its clearly different, with much more of that lovely "pull" feeling at around 2000 RPM instead of 2750 - 3000 RPM.... very nice. The sound is sweet too. On start up it growls to life and rumbles with a nice throaty tone, and in the cab there is almost no difference except for when with the pedal to the floor acceleration. Outside of the car is a different story. Standing behind the X reveals a beast of a sound and it really sounds great..... i just need to gain enough trust with one of my friends to let them drive it past me at full throttle until i can REALLY hear the sound.

I HIGHLY reccomend this product, and it really doesnt hurt any offroad capabilities if that rear-exit pipe is cut back about 4 in. Ill post the pics later. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

·
on line
830 Posts
XterraOverload said:
If you dont mind me asking how much would that set us back.?
Um 4 wheel parts screwed up my order so I payed the price of the first gens exhuast. But should set you abck around 400.

·
on line
844 Posts
hey, is the gibson only for the OR or SE? on their website is says it's only for 4wd/4dr?

I figured the exhaust on the two were pretty similar.

·
on line
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
as far as i know it fits all models and it fits on my 4x4 s perfectly. I would say the only problem would be a transfer case, but it wouldnt really be a problem because it would be LACK of a TC with the 2x4 model.

It set me back 580 with install, shipping and handling, and tax. Really for this exhaust, especially when compared to the magnaflow, its not that bad. (Magnaflow would have cost me (S&H included) around 620).

i have the pics but i cant seem to get them up.... anyone know how? ( i thought i did but..... i guess not).

:geek:

·
on line
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BigDaddyChia said:
XterraOverload said:
If you dont mind me asking how much would that set us back.?
Um 4 wheel parts screwed up my order so I payed the price of the first gens exhuast. But should set you abck around 400.

Yea i went through the same thing with my local auto shop. They ordered me the first gen one, not really paying attention when i said the 2005-2006 model. Then they ordered me another, and for some reason a chevy HHR exhaust came.... i thought to myself why would there be a mix up between an HHR and an X, and why would anybody waste the money to put a Gibson exhaust on an HHR?

Then they finally realized that they didnt have one in stock at their local warehouse, so they ordered me one from Cali and it took a week longer than they said it would, but im glad i have it now.

·
on line
844 Posts
OK I just got off the phone with gibson, they're 99% sure the exhaust will work on the 2 or 4wd with no probs bob!

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Catalyst said:
as far as i know it fits all models and it fits on my 4x4 s perfectly. I would say the only problem would be a transfer case, but it wouldnt really be a problem because it would be LACK of a TC with the 2x4 model.

It set me back 580 with install, shipping and handling, and tax. Really for this exhaust, especially when compared to the magnaflow, its not that bad. (Magnaflow would have cost me (S&H included) around 620).

i have the pics but i cant seem to get them up.... anyone know how? ( i thought i did but..... i guess not).

:geek:
set up a photo bucket account (free). download the pic to the photobucket site by clicking browse (and find where the pic is located), select the pic, click download. next click the edit button right under the picture and resize it 50% smaller. then check the little box (whatever pic you want to post here) go to the bottom and click generate html. copy ALL of the writing in only ONE of the boxes (pick the one that says 'for message boards') and paste the writing you just copied onto a message for this site.

Did that help any??

·
on line
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i bought my exhaust from a place called Diver's Edge in Kingston, MA..... right near duxbury. Decent price, really nice guys, and they installed it pretty well..... you can get it welded but i opted not to in case i dent a single part of it off roading i can just get a replacement piece for that single part easily.

My X is Night Armor, but there is a nother X down here in Duxbury in Night Armor...... just look for my shiny exhaust pipe :)

·
on line
844 Posts
will you take a pic of the rear exit area from under the x? I want to see if I could finagle some fake duals, or if I'm going to have to cut the pipe short so you can't see it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts