Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
on line
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my gibson exhaust and am excited on installing it. For those of you that have installed it yourself, would I run into any problems during the install? Any tips on making it easier or faster.

Jeff

·
on line
589 Posts
Jeff- Did this myself and I ran into no problems doing the install. In fact of everything I have done on my car, this was by far the easiest.

·
on line
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Erick - Did you lift yours up or just crawl underneath? Thanks for the input.

·
on line
189 Posts
jiggapn0y said:
Just got my gibson exhaust and am excited on installing it. For those of you that have installed it yourself, would I run into any problems during the install? Any tips on making it easier or faster.

Jeff
Hey Jeff
i have been lookin into gettin a Gibson Exhaust.
how much did the whole system cost you
and it would be nice if you post up some sound clips...

·
on line
589 Posts
Brian, I did have mine at the last event. It adds a nice low tone, but I don't think it's horribly loud.

Jigg- Just crawled underneath for the install without a problem. Though I do have a 3" lift and 33" tires so the room underneath of mine is a little more then the stock version.

·
on line
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jang Pilmo said:
jiggapn0y said:

Jeff
Hey Jeff
i have been lookin into gettin a Gibson Exhaust.
how much did the whole system cost you
and it would be nice if you post up some sound clips...
Did the install today with the help of my brother. I'll try to get some sound clips on here. I paid 280 on ebay for it.

Erick and bigdaddy, did you guys have smoke come out while driving for the first 2-3 miles and how long does the smell last? Did you guys also cut a few inches from the tail pipe? seems like it's a little too long.

·
on line
160 Posts
Just make sure you don't tighten the clamps down really tight (at least until you go for a test drive), because once you do, they're not coming back off! I messed up with this, and my tail pipe was hitting against my hitch when I went over bumps, and was annoying. I couldn't take the pipes back off to adjust it, so I now have to tail pipe coming out the back, which does look clean, but at first was disappointed because I couldn't use to cool chrome tip with mine.

Good luck!

·
on line
589 Posts
I never was interested personally in using the chrome tip with mine, just not the look I was going for. As far as smoke coming out, not that I remember. Though I do remember my fiance telling me the car stunk for the first few days which I checked and attributed to the stickers burning off the hot piping. It should get better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts