Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need someone to hook me up with a picture of the Y pipe that comes with the Gibson exhaust. I am looking to have one made from a local hot rod shop next week and want something to compare against.
Thanks guys!

·
on line
1,977 Posts
I had a shop build a custom system for me.I got a noticeable power boost with this Y pipe with equal length tubes.He also ran duals for me if you want to go that route.
:cheers: [/img]

·
on line
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Perfect, thanks guys! I am having mine made 9/11, made my appointment today... Pretty excited, I found a sweet Hot Rod shop that supposedly does a fantastic job... www.hanksvillehotrods.com
I'll post pics when it's done.

·
on line
1,638 Posts
I've always thought those "ebay" taillights were too ricey, but it looks really good on yours. Not a single grain of rice. :cheers: Might have to reconsider.

·
on line
1,977 Posts
I think the ones with the clear lenses look very ricey.It`s the smoke lens that makes it.
Sorry boholio, didn`t mean to hijack your thread.I like you decision to go custom.BTW I had my shop cut off the back 2 cats.Don`t know if that will fly in your state though.

·
on line
105 Posts
boholio said:
I need someone to hook me up with a picture of the Y pipe that comes with the Gibson exhaust. I am looking to have one made from a local hot rod shop next week and want something to compare against.
Thanks guys!
Just curious, did you ever get this done?

Do you notice any difference in power?

Pictures?

·
on line
15 Posts
Recently installed the Gibson system on my X along with a K&N 57 intake. Very satisfied with the purchase and would highly recommend the setup. Installation was pretty straight forward. One question though...

When I dropped the stock exhaust, I wasn't expecting to find the vibration cushion and the ground wire. The wire obviously snapped from the weight of the exhaust and left me wondering why Nissan would hide a little wire like that. Why does our exhaust have two ground wires and should I worry about replacing the snapped ground wire?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts