Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
on line
10,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, a few weeks ago, I installed my Gibson SS Catback Exhaust. The system is great. Since then, I've swapped my tires for BFG AT KO's (285/75/16) including the spare. The shop that I took it to mounted and balanced all tires and then put the spare back up underneath the X. Well, I was just under there and realized that the spare tire is touching the exhaust, due to the bigger size of the tire. Is this something I should be really worried about?

·
on line
230 Posts
I would be. Over time the heat will do something to the tire. Time to put the spare where it belongs, on a rear tire carrier. I would recommend shrock :cheers:

·
on line
105 Posts
I think it is something to be worried about.

Even with the bigger spare, you might be able to move the spare away from the exhaust. Lower the spare a little and see if you can move it away from the exhaust then raise it back up....might be a two person job.

What is your impression of the Gibson exhaust?

regards,

·
on line
10,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i love the exhaust. sounds awesome...not too loud, but just right. I have my rear bumper w/tire carrier ordered, it's just a matter of playing the shrockworks waiting game. I'm going to go out there now, and see if i cant move the spare over a bit. If not, i guess the spare will stay in the back of the X until i get the bumper from shrockworks.

·
on line
105 Posts
Creek said:
i love the exhaust. sounds awesome...not too loud, but just right.
That's what I expected...I've have a SS Gibson on my old Expedition for 7 years and 105K miles. It's still in great shape and I've been really happy with it.

Besides, I'm getting really tired of looking at that pathetic stock Y-pipe under the X...what a POS.

Where did you get yours from?

regards,

·
on line
10,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i got the exhaust from autoanything.com. i forget how much it was, but it wasn't cheap. with regard to my tire/exhaust situation, i tried moving the tire over, and when i took it for a ride, the tire slid right back up against the exhaust - even with the tire as tight as i could get it on there. so, it's now sitting in the back of the X.

are you serious? 9 months? damn, i ordered 2 weeks ago...i was figuring maybe 5 months at most.

·
on line
145 Posts
I see you recently installed your exhaust. Is it welded or clamped? If it's clamped you maybe able to undo the clamp and twist the tailpipe into a better position.

HTH
Tim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts