Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
on line
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
back fresh from the general's......

almost all the pics are of sexterra's rig, it was a good trip!

eddo has the vids for the hill climbs....or in my case attempt of.....lol

I told her she wouldn't be able to take a picture while i was going over a bump, lol...

·
on line
3,262 Posts

·
on line
1,206 Posts
Nice pics and vids! Looks like a good time. If you were aired down a little Willgr1 you probably good have caught that rock...

·
on line
2,072 Posts
Heh Will, what did you use a a recovery point in those last videos helping out S-E-X-Terra?

·
on line
3,262 Posts
He had a trailer hitch...

Yeah my truck is big for a second gen... And I was extremely surprised with how it handled.

And yes... thanks Mark for pointing out that my truck looks like shit. Not all of us get free details for christmas.

·
on line
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah, i didn't air down, should have, but i didn't have anyway or airing back up....i'll fix that soon

eddo's rig is under construction still, hence no fenders, grill and a hole in the hood, but it was still a nice looking rig.

and i was using the a hitch pin for recovery...my d-ring shackle will be here monday

·
In Limbo
9,460 Posts
I lost my 4WD going up a hill. I lost all traction and slid backwards into a tree. I couldn't stop and it sucked.

But, I already got the insurance money and all is well. Live and learn.

I know S-E-X-terra's rig is still under construction. And, how that fab shop screwed him over. I was just busting balls.

·
on line
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
DAMAGE REPORT:

- now that the truck is clean i can finally see the damage...
1. new clunking sound coming from front suspension area when the body rocks.
2. nice crack on the underside of the front bumper (makes me wish i didn't spend my shrock bumper money to buy a dog and build a bar, lol......

p.s. my new sliders came in yesterday, gotta go to the local machine shop and have them welded into place.

·
on line
527 Posts
willgr1 said:
DAMAGE REPORT:

- now that the truck is clean i can finally see the damage...
1. new clunking sound coming from front suspension area when the body rocks.
2. nice crack on the underside of the front bumper (makes me wish i didn't spend my Shrockworks bumper money to buy a dog and build a bar, lol......

p.s. my new sliders came in yesterday, gotta go to the local machine shop and have them welded into place.
Did you maybe bust a shock? Check all bolts to make sure they are tight. My swaybar mount bolts came loose a couple times.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts