Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
I just purchased some new wheels and tires for my 09 Xterra and after a lot of research, I decided to go with the General Grabber Extreme traction 33x12.50r17 and the KMC XD125 17x9 wheels. The tires are wider than my original BFG KM/2 265/75r16 and for an all terrain tire, it's surprisingly louder on the road then the KM/2 were. I've also noticed it tracks more on the highway, but it's wider so it's to be expected. I haven’t seen this wheel and tire combo on here yet, so I figured I would post it in case someone was looking to do the same.:study: I couldn't figure out how to post just the pictures so it's all links...sorry:crybaby:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Your truck . . . Its amazing! So jealous.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yeah I hear ya. I'll have mine for a while and probably won't go too crazy (although I am having the Old Man Emu lift and 285 Hankook RT03s installed this week. That'll be it - unless I keep staring at your truck for much longer!)
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I hear ya. I'll have mine for a while and probably won't go too crazy (although I am having the Old Man Emu lift and 285 Hankook RT03s installed this week. That'll be it - unless I keep staring at your truck for much longer!)
Posted via Mobile Device
lol, I now know why my father in law says to leave it stock. When it comes time to selling it, the dealership will low ball you and trade in value is what it is, unless you find someone with cash that will pay extra. Just food for thought but I still think stock is boring.:)

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Do you notice them hitting at full articulation? If you haven't done that yet, let us know. I'm curious if the 12.50 tires will hit when the tires are stuffed in the fenderwell.

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
those look good. how much did the package run ya?

·
Registered
2008 Xterra Off Road
1,704 Posts
Truck looks bad arse. Love those wheels. Especially with the red lettering. Was gonna go with the red letter grabbers when I got my 33s but they were backordered for months.

Now I love my Goodyear Wrangler MTRs with Kevlar. Might be putting those wheels on the wish list to go with my 35s when these tires wear out.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Looks awesome! Looks like the bolt holes are open on the inside by the hub, are they? The stance looks great.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 20 of 29 Posts