Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
on line
3,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend and forum-member here (Adam/Conundrum), barrel rolled 3x down an incline over the weekend, near Tucson AZ, at Chivo Falls. He's OK, and even drove the X off the trail, but it looks pretty beat up.. He and his truck were well taken care of during recovery by a mix of SWANKy, and the AZXC. :angel4:

Here's the story... CLICKY CLICKY

·
on line
192 Posts
wow that sucks.

on a side note, I would be upset if i owned the truck with the slider that had the weld come apart on it.

·
on line
1,340 Posts
Muzikman said:
Ouch that hurts. I'll bet anything that it's totaled.

At least he walked away from it.
X2.

·
on line
463 Posts
Wow ! That really sucks BIG TIME !
Really sorry to see but it is a risk of off-road.
Happy to read that your buddy is okay and noone was hurt !
My best to all !
Jim B

·
Super Moderator
2,600 Posts
I'm sorry to see that happen, but most importantly, Adam, even though you have some cuts and pains, you walked away from that accident.

Having seen several pictures of rolled Xterras and having gone through the experience myself, I have to say that the pictures speak for themselves. These trucks were designed well. Every roll-over picture I've seen, the truck, as a whole, has stood up to the accident like a champ. I felt the reason I walked away from the rollover was due to wearing the seatbelt and the design of the truck.

If there's anything I can help out with, please let me know.

·
on line
809 Posts
Whoa, I wheel there all the time. It gets quite tippy in there for sure. Glad to see he is OK and pretty amazed at the, relative, lack of damage after 3 tumbles + end over end.

·
on line
1,114 Posts
Muzikman said:
Ouch that hurts. I'll bet anything that it's totaled.

At least he walked away from it.
It runs! "tis but a scratch"

Nothing some sandpaper and spray paint can't fix.

Heck, I'd cut the top from the driver seat back, fab up a roll cage and cover it with a canvas top. Fuk it. That truck kicks ass!

:pirate:

·
on line
384 Posts
Glad Adam is okay. But this one might take two passes to get everything buffed out.

·
on line
1,361 Posts
wow, nice to see he could drive it out from the X stand point and his.

Has been able to remove the seat from his arsehole yet?

·
on line
178 Posts
[email protected], I feel the need to change my shorts just looking at it. The most important thing is that you are ok and thank god Nissan design to X to survive a HELL of a beating. You being ok is the most important thing.

·
on line
166 Posts
How does one go about telling the insurance company about that?

Glad the driver was OK, that can't have been a fun ride. The X looked like it held up well.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts