Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
on line
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK...here are some details on the front LSD that is being developed in conjunction with TXR....

"Dave, by clutch locker do you mean an LSD with an absurdly high breakaway pressure threshold, or something akin to a Detroit locker?"

"Yes, clutches with a 45-50lb break away point, with 4 spider gears and high grade materials."

So the front of the Gen II's will soon have a super strong, high breakaway LSD...In all reality I bet you will chirp your tires going around a turn with this LSD and it will never break or have an issue in your usage...Just something else to look out for!!

·
on line
15,651 Posts
I don't know if I like the idea of LSD for a front end...especially ours.

Have you ever tried turing a front locked vehicle...not fun. And since we do not have manual hubs, there is the possibility of it locking up in 2wd maybe.

I would rather have a selectable front locker.

·
on line
2,081 Posts
With the electronic LSD we already have, seems like a mecahnical LSD will cause problems.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Rear End info

XterraRacer said:
Yes as the market is Titan driven. They are building the Xterra stuff as my /Nissan's request. The thought here is that they will sell what they build. I know as for the rear spool that fits the D44 variant, first run is 25 units. I am taking 2 of them. I wish I could spill it all, but I have to wait.

Can you imagine a spool with 5.38 in rear and a clutch locker with 5.38s up front what you will be able to do on the trail? "Now that should make you drool!!!!"

·
on line
4,495 Posts
Atleast with the LSD it will replace the carrier, throw that with the gears and the front end is stronger than stock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts