Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
on line
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the 2nd Generation Xterras....Just another reason to support Team Xterra Racing...due to our ongoing needs in regards to racing all of these are being developed and PRODUCED in the IMMEDIATE future....To quote Dave:

"Good news is that we are in the process of getting all the right stuff made by Precision Gear to fit the Nissan axles. Yes!!! This means 4.88, 5,13, 5.38 gears will soon be able to be purchased. Followed by spools and locker options."

You can support their production by dropping Precision Gear a line and let them know of your interest in and/or appreciation of these products: Precision Gear

And again...to ask more questions or get more info about these products you can ask Dave over on the forums at: Team Xterra Racing

·
on line
1,831 Posts
Give me your address so I can send you a hooker.
Thanks a ton man.
It's the light at the end of my tunnel.

·
on line
589 Posts
LMAO...I will split the cost with you Syndicate.

This is awesome news, don't suppose in there is any sort of a time frame on how long for gears to be out? The lockers are for all models? Front and rear?

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Great news and Precision Gear makes some good stuff.

I really hope some sort of selectable locker is available for the front. I hope it would add some strength to the diff.

·
on line
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lifeinthesouth said:
Any chance they'll do it for both axles or just the d44
My belief is that currently they are working on just the D44 stuff as that is what Dave has in his truck...as for a time frame...the initial product should be produced and installed in Dave's truck (at least that is the plan we have right now) before the next BITD race which is the Terrible's Town 250 at the end of April...so the initial products (not sure if it will be gears AND spool or just one or the other) will be done by that time...Will keep you up to date with info as it becomes available...but I would imagince that Precision Gear would be able to make you your own needed products once they get the first set into the XterraRacer and make sure they work adequately...

·
on line
1,407 Posts
Wow that is some extreme breakage. I have seen some stripped gears before, but that looks like someone took C4 to it. Scary

·
on line
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
S_e_X-Terra said:
Hmmm, i never noticed this post.... Could this have something do to with Spalind's recent post about upcoming secrets???!!!??
See?? You guys need to pay more attention......maybe these are whats coming...maybe not...maybe more than this...maybe different than this...but not less...

·
on line
1,716 Posts
spalind said:
S_e_X-Terra said:
Hmmm, i never noticed this post.... Could this have something do to with Spalind's recent post about upcoming secrets???!!!??
See?? You guys need to pay more attention......maybe these are whats coming...maybe not...maybe more than this...maybe different than this...but not less...
Your killing me with the teasers... :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
on line
15,651 Posts
From XOC...

"GREAT NEWS"
The diff gears are in the works right now! I will post more at a later date. I started these because I needed them for my Xterraracer program. I requested 4.88, 5.13 and 5.38 ratios to start. I have another vender building rear spools and axles for the Nissan D44 housing. I am still working on the front LSD w/4 spiders and inner CVs.

I will more than likely bring out some longer tubular arms as a kit with longer axle shafts and tie rods. Note; these won't be for my racer, but because "X" owners would like the option. This mod may warrant molding some 3" wider glass fenders too.

Believe me when these are ready to hit the market everyone on these "X" related sites will know!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts