Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 429 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts

**Started 3/27/14 and will run for 2 weeks ending 4/10/14**

To place your order, please visit Vigg Designs (http://viggdesigns.com/shop-online?category=nissan). Make sure you choose the blackout for the 2nd Gen Nissan Xterra . They also carry the blackout for the 1st Gen, but the picture is that of a 2nd Gen, so make sure you pick the 2nd Gen Xterra (it is the one that includes the yellow 2nd Gen).

Info Needed to Place Order:

1. Code: CEC1EQ
2. You need to include your TheNewX.org Username in a message to the vendor. This helps with tracking of the orders. You should be able to do this through Paypal.

If you wish to inquire on other products (pin striping, etc) you will need to contact the vendor directly. The 20% applies discount only for the hood blackouts. They will hook you up. Not sure if they will provide a 20% discount, but they will provide you some type of discount.

**If you have a newer Frontier Truck, the vendor confirmed with Nissan Parts that the hood is the same as the Xterra and the blackout should work on your truck. If you would like extra assurance, the vendor suggested that you contact Nissan directly to confirm.

The vendor will be shipping out the hood blackouts 10 orders at a time. So get your order in early!

Recommendation: The vendor recommends going with the 5yr 3m vinyl for $59.95 instead of the Air Release Material for offroading purposes. The vendor stated the material is a little thicker than the Air Release and would be more durable and the easiest to install.

**If you already purchased the Air Release just reply back to the email you received from the vendor and they will credit you the difference in cost from the Air Release to the 5yr vinyl.**

The vendor can add 2 vinyls in the same shipping tube. So if you have a friend locally that want's one you can save on shipping costs. Your first vinyl will cost $15 to ship, and the 2nd vinyl will cost $5 to ship.

Current prices as per Vigg Designs website:
5yr 3m vinyl: $59.95
7yr 3m vinyl: $89.95
Air Release Material (5 yr) no water: $69.95

Product Description: Hood Blackout
Price: 20% Discount
Delivery Charges: $15+
Numbers Required: 10
Details: Vigg Designs
Company Contact Details: http://viggdesigns.com
Payment information: Paypal,
Closing dates: 4/10/14
Delivery dates: TBD

5yr Air Release install directions by Spdu4ia
http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=96202

5yr & 7yr Hood Blackout Wet Install directions:
http://media.virbcdn.com/files/9b/7da82c157dbb077d-blackoutinstallsheet.jpg

Keeping a running tally, (alphabetically), on who is interested and who paid:

[table=head]No. | Screen Name | Payment | Shipped | Rec'ed
1.| A2LAB-X | Paid | |
2.| Biggie7871 | Paid | Yes | Yes
3.| Blk11Xterra | | |
4.| cblaxx19 | Paid |Yes | Yes
5.| ChefXterra | Paid | Yes | Yes
6.| cjs83 | Paid | |
7.| cutfromabove | Paid |Yes |Yes
8.| dexter | Paid | |
9.| D'Rock | | |
10.| dixie1865 | Paid | Yes | Yes
11.| downforlif | | |
12.| El'Zilcho | Paid | Yes | Yes
13.| FaroutX | Paid | Yes| Yes
14.| Fromfrontier2Xterra | Paid | Yes | Yes
15.| jboy | Paid | |
16.| Jefferson | Paid |Yes | Yes
17.| JNuke79 | Paid | |
18.| jsexton | Paid |Yes | Yes
19.| LIXterra | | |
20.| LonnieL | Paid |Yes |Yes
21.| ManwithBeard | | |
22.| Markd001 | | |
23.| maXTERRA | | |
24.| meatloaf |Paid | |
25.| Mr_Scott | Paid |Yes |Yes
26.| Mrcole | Paid | |
27.| one4teen | Paid |Yes | Yes
28.| PitSnipe | | |
29.| Polar Bear | | |
30.| RekHavoc | Paid |Yes | Yes
31.| RobertJordan | Paid |Yes | Yes
32.| Rooney | Paid |Yes | Yes
33.| satown210|Paid | |
34.| scrod1980 | | |
35.| SkiRig | Paid |Yes |Yes
36.| Slapshotking09 | | |
37.| SteadyHigh | Paid | Yes| Yes
38.| Strizzo | | |
39.| T-REXterra | Paid |Yes | Yes
40.| TKX | | |
41.| XterraTSP4 | Paid | |
42.| TurtsMcSlow | Paid | |
43.| ugacdawg | Paid | |
44.| Vorian | Paid |Yes | Yes
45.| wBkM85|Paid | |
46.| xterra terrestre | Paid | |
47.| Yellow07s | | |
48.| | | |
49.| | | |
50.| | | |
51.| | | |
[/table]

·
Registered
1,121 Posts

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Put me down, I think i want one

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
i have one of the old, old ones. I set up the original group buy a long ass time ago. and that's mud and stuff on the hood in this pic. It's held up really well. it does show scratches from tree branches and such though...

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i have one of the old, old ones. I set up the original group buy a long ass time ago. and that's mud and stuff on the hood in this pic. It's held up really well. it does show scratches from tree branches and such though...
that must be your photo within his website.

i updated the first thread to keep a tally of who is interested.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I should get the new 3m vinyl blackout on Tuesday next week and ill post up pics. The difference in the air release vinyl and the normal vinyl is that you can place it and pull it off to position it dry . It doesn't activate the adhesive until you apply pressure to it. It also has air release channels in it so if you have an air bubble it just presses out in place without having to work it to the edge.

As for the purpose : besides looks, it decreases hood glare and is very helpful if you have roof lights.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Im assuming they can do custom pin striping within the hood design?
If that's the case, Im going to do a red and blue strip right down the front and lead into the Datsun emblem

1 - 20 of 429 Posts