Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Bwaaa ha ha ha ha ( boisterous sounds of lauhter)

Guys.

I was thinking a few of these cases might fit my needs for dry storage on an upper roof rack.
With this in mind, I went to STR8's website to see what all they offered.

Clearly STR8 is a company which is focused on the needs of the Marijuana user.

Yes, you can purchase all your rolling needs separately or for your convenience they offer a "roll kit" which includes:
slots to hold your papers, roller, Str8 Medtainer, J-Tube, Cone Tube, lighter, and most importantly your Str8 Rolling Tray.

https://str8brand.com/product/str8-roll-kit-8-cobalt-blue/

I cannot help but to wonder what a police officer might think if they saw me riding down the road with several STR8 cases atop my Xterra.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I just read the price list again. The regular price for the 8 inch is 39.99 on their site, but the GB is based on a "regular" price of $49. That puts the GB price of $36 barely any cheaper than the website price

Sent from my SM-N9200 using Tapatalk
Thanks for that catch @KuanR! Didn't see that at all. I might drop going through my contact and see if Str8Brands would be interested in doing one. A $3 savings for the 8" case really isn't worth it IMO. Since it's the weekend, I'll give the company a call tomorrow and see what can be done.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Bwaaa ha ha ha ha ( boisterous sounds of lauhter)

I cannot help but to wonder what a police officer might think if they saw me riding down the road with several STR8 cases atop my Xterra.

Probably that you have lots of lower back pain and anxiety?

But seriously, they are probably made in China, they might be on banggood or Ali.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Got a coupon code coming from Str8Brand cases either today or tomorrow. Once I have it, I'll update the first post.

It's currently a 10% off code, free shipping and all color choices are available. As of right now, there is NO END DATE, however, this is subject to change based on how successful the GB may or may not be.

Two requirements:
1. Put username for TNX in the notes section when ordering.
2. Use the same email that you used to sign up for TNX.
*** This is strictly for tracking purposes for Str8Brands so they can see who bought from the GB using the code ***

Price breakdown
8" case $39.99 with coupon = $35.99
10" case $49.99 with coupon = $44.99
10" deep case $69.99 with coupon = $62.99
13" deep case $109.99 with coupon = $98.99
17" deep case $149.99 with coupon = $134.99
17" extra deep case $225.00 with coupon = $202.50
21" deep roller case $275.00 with coupon = $247.50
23" deep roller case $319.00 with coupon = $287.10

·
Registered
701 Posts
I find calling a company str8 brand to be a homophobic microaggression and I'm deeply offended and emotionally scarred from the trauma inflicted upon me from your posting of this. I'm starting an online change.dotORG petition to rename it LGBTQFYGJLDS BRAND and am also starting a $50k gofundme to cover my emotional distress from viewing this.
Literally just choked on my water laughing

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Damn only 10% off, I was hoping the 25% would happen

The 25% was with the original company not the manufacturer and their cases were $10 more and didn't include free shipping. I would have had to pick all the cases up and then mailed them individually. Huge PITA.

The manufacturer only gave 10% because this is their first rodeo with GB's and is concerned that the coupon code would just be passed around and be used by others than who it was intended. They might increase it later on but I have no way to confirm that, it's just a hunch based on if this GB goes well.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Let's see how it goes then, I kind of like the Jurassic themed 8 inch case

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Post removed.

Reason: sharing a competitors price conflicted with GB rule #2.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Price breakdown str8 brand
8" case $39.99 with coupon = $35.99
10" case $49.99 with coupon = $44.99
10" deep case $69.99 with coupon = $62.99
13" deep case $109.99 with coupon = $98.99
17" deep case $149.99 with coupon = $134.99
17" extra deep case $225.00 with coupon = $202.50
21" deep roller case $275.00 with coupon = $247.50
23" deep roller case $319.00 with coupon = $287.10

Seahorse protective cases Seahorse Protective Equipment Cases
9x8 $15
11x10 $24
14x11 $35
15x12 $49
18x14 $65

Ps: Seahorse cases are made in the USA.

Why pay more if you don't have to?
I appreciate your input, however you might consider reading the GB rules specifically #2.

Group Buy Rules

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Beavertonite.

My original post has been edited to conform with the Group Buy rule which you referenced.

I will leave it to your own decision should you wish to edit and hide the "quoted" post which includes the price and web link of this alternate case.

·
Administrator
19,406 Posts
Converted Photo Links on the OP. Also when is this GB Ending ?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Converted Photo Links on the OP. Also when is this GB Ending ?
They didn't give an end date when we talked. It was 'If the GB is going well we'll leave it up longer.' I'll contact him today and see how it's going since those that initially expressed interest haven't responded if they bought one or plan on it.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts