Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Edit by Moderator (07/05/18):

The second group buy closed at 10:00 a.m. EDT July 5, 2018.

For further information or inquiries about order status please contact Offroad Gorilla directly or view the OffroadGorilla.com Facebook page.

This thread is now closed.

Edit by Moderator(06/20/18):

Offroad Gorilla has announced a new group buy on its Facebook page starting 06/19/18 and ending "48 hrs after the 15th order is submitted." You will need to check Offroad Gorilla's Facebook page to determine whether the new group buy has expired.

Here is the text of Offroad Gorilla's Facebook post: https://www.facebook.com/offroadgorilla/

Our Nissan Silicone Coolant Hose Set Group Buy is Now Live!

GB Pricing:

VG33 OEM Length or Body Lift Length: $160.00 shipped to 48 States.

VQ40 OEM Length or Body Lift Length: $175.00 shipped to 48 States.

VQ40 to VK56DE Swap Set: $135.00 shipped to 48 States.

VK56DE Coolant Hose Set: $120.00 shipped to 48 States.

1. Nissan silicone coolant hose set GB promo code “ offroadgorilla.comistoocool ” must be used to qualify for this GB.
2. Coolant hose sets are ordered here: OffroadGorilla.com
3. Minimum of 15 orders required for GB to go active. All hose set types count towards this 15 order minimum.
4. No maximum order limit. No limit on how many sets 1 person can order.1. GB closes 48 hrs after the 15th order is submitted. So get your order in ASAP so you don’t miss out on this GB.
2. GB order counter will be updated on OffroadGorilla.com’s Facebook page (this post).
3. Only full coolant hoses sets are included in this GB. Oil catch can hoses and power steering hoses can be added to any hose set for $20 each. These add on hoses can be the same or different color than your hose set.
4. All hose sets, oil catch can and power steering hoses are available in 11 Colors (Blue, Black, Red, Green, Yellow, Orange, Dark Orange, Purple, Pink, White and Glow in the Dark Turquoise)
5. Shortly after the GB closes OffroadGorilla.com will manually process your GB discount.
6. Hoses will ship to you ~6 weeks after GB closes.
7. No updates will be provided until the hoses are on their way to you. You will be provided a tracking # at that point.
8. If GB does not close within 15 days of the first order the GB will be cancelled and all money refunded.
9. Any required updates will be provided on OffroadGorilla.com’s Facebook page.

Shipping Outside 48 States:
$5.00 to Alaska and Hawaii.
$30.00 to Canada.
Other locations email us for a shipping quote. [email protected].
Original Post:

We just started a GB on full sets of high performance silicone coolant hoses for your 2nd Gen VQ40 and 1st Gen VG33 engine/vehicles. These will be the only hoses of their kind available for our vehicles once we get them into production.

We need a minimum of 20 orders for each hose set (VQ40 and VG33) to help cover our R&D and mold costs to bring these hoses to the market. We will place the GB order with the hose manufacturer when we receive 20 orders for this specific hose kit. Be sure to spread the word about this GB to your friends. Anyone can order directly through our website.

Once we place the GB order with the manufacturer you should receive your hoses in ~3 weeks. We will post updates on here.

After this GB closes prices on the VQ40 hose set will increase to $200 and the VG33E hose kit may see a price increase as well. Also after the GB closes the standard colors available will be black, red, blue and dark orange. All other colors will be special order with a longer lead times and an additional $40 cost.

Kits are currently $155 shipped to your door. You can place your order here

You can check how many orders have been placed by going to the product listing on our webpage. It's a couple paragraphs down from the top.

VQ40 Hose Set fits '05-17 Frontiers, '05-15 Xterras, and '05-12 Pathfinders with VQ40 (4.0L V6) Engines. This is the standard engine in the USA.

VG33E Hose Set fits '98-04 1st Gen Xterras and Frontiers with either a VG33E or VG33ER 3.3L Engine, both super charger and none super charged versions. These are the standard engines in the USA.

High Temp 3-ply Reinforced Silicone Complete Radiator Hose Kit

Our kit is a direct replacement for your rubber OEM Hoses. The picture of the black hose sets is all of the OEM hoses our sets replace.

Unlike Rubber hoses, our hoses will not crack, stiffen or fail over time. Also our silicone hoses offer a wider operational temperature range than rubber hoses. Our hoses are hand built using a multi-ply method, which enables them to withstand much higher operational pressures, then extruded hoses.

Stainless Steel Worm Clamps Included
Lifetime Warranty.

Available in 11 Colors (Blue, Black, Red, Green, Yellow, Orange, Dark Orange, Purple, Pink, White and Glow in the Dark Turquoise)

Catch Can Hose Option: Two 3’ x 3/8” ID silicone hoses for a catch can setup. Hoses will color match your coolant hoses.

Note: The silicone hoses shown below are the hoses we developed for the VK56 (Titan V8) Engine. These are already available through our website. Pictures are hear to show you the color options.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Didn't see the catch can option, maybe I'm just tired...

Going to place my order as soon as I get that figured out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We don't have that listed yet. We'll try getting the catch can hose option added to our website tonight.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I am confused. Do those long hoses replace the metal pipes that go to the heater, or am I missing something?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Check if you can see them from a computer.
ya they are visible from my desktop. I definitely want to order, were you able to figure out the catch can add on or can we work out something else out? Maybe just give me the total and i can pay for it directly from PayPal? I might also pull the trigger on a new radiator, i have been holding off but this is an opportune time to do it all at once.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Another one of those things I didn't know I needed but looks awesome. This website is very persuasive at doing that. Good thing I don't have the money right now because I would probably be all over this. Good luck!

·
TNX Veteran & LPM
7,759 Posts
This is very tempting, but I feel like if I buy the hoses, I'll want to buy the new radiator, and then the fan shroud when it becomes available, a lower temp thermostat/housing, and new rad fluid. Then just replace it all at once. I mean, I guess the whole "project" would cost under $1k. Decisions, decisions...

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
This is very tempting, but I feel like if I buy the hoses, I'll want to buy the new radiator, and then the fan shroud when it becomes available, a lower temp thermostat/housing, and new rad fluid. Then just replace it all at once. I mean, I guess the whole "project" would cost under $1k. Decisions, decisions...
that is the trap i fell into, ordered the radiator too and sent an email asking about the ETA on the fan shrouds

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I wouldn't mind replacing all my hoses as my 2008 approaches a decade old. I did the rad hoses not long ago, but the heater hoses and such are stock. Its tempting, but I hate being the guinea pig....

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ya they are visible from my desktop. I definitely want to order, were you able to figure out the catch can add on or can we work out something else out? Maybe just give me the total and i can pay for it directly from PayPal? I might also pull the trigger on a new radiator, i have been holding off but this is an opportune time to do it all at once.
We are adding the oil catch can hose add-on option right now. This will have GB pricing as well. All your hoses will be shipped together.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I wouldn't mind replacing all my hoses as my 2008 approaches a decade old. I did the rad hoses not long ago, but the heater hoses and such are stock. Its tempting, but I hate being the guinea pig....
Not really a guinea we been selling these style hoses for the Titan VK56 and Cummings engines with no problems. I have 10 sets of those sitting right next to me right now.

1 - 20 of 169 Posts