Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
A very successful Group Buy with ClubXterra just completed. I am now giving you guys a similar opportunity.

***GROUP BUY ENDS 05/18/14*****

Official LED Headlight Kit with Genuine CREE LED chips!

Thanks for looking. I have been importing HIDs for years. I chose to follow the same route as everyone else, but with a very different business model in mind. I did this to have the ability to get my hands on LED Lighting first. I knew this was the next step in lightning and have waited years to get here.

So a few months ago I decided to try to do this full-time as like everyone, who doesnt want to be there own boss?

I am now able to offer the next generation in lighting evolution, CREE LED Lighting, specifically LED Headlight Kits. These are brand new to the market (less than a year old). With 2200+ Lumen CREE LED Headlight Kits, these have many advantages over HIDs. Easiest Plug-N-Play Installation I have seen.

Specs & Information:

• 24-28 Watt
  • 2200-2800 Lemun Output (Varies for Foglight, Headlight, Single/Dual Beam and Motorcycle)
  • Genuine CREE LEDs (XLamp CXA1820)
  • CNC Machined and Patented Heatsink and Cooling Fan Design
  • Brushed Aluminum Fan Cover with metal Dust Filter/Grill.
  • Small, Digital Ballast

Highlights over HIDs:

• Instant On/Off, No warm-Up cycle
  • No Hot spots, No flickering
  • Cleaner Cut-Off line even with limited vertical bleeding
  • Quick installation with minimal skill
  • Small ballast footprint
  • Less power consumption = less heat!
  • Digitally controlled ballast
  • Completely water proof and dust proof
  • Patented "Rocker" LED shield helps protect LED Chip while dispersing light more evenly
  • Waterproof military grade locking connection
  • 30,000+ hours or 3.4 years running 24-hours a day!

ALL bulb sizes available! H3-style (small bulb with wire lead) is currently NOT available and under development.

Colors: 5000K and 6000K. NOTE: 5000K shown in photos

***I OFFER A COMPLETE 5 YEAR WARRANTY HONORED HERE IN THE USA***

SIMPLY REPLY BELOW WITH WHAT YOU WANT TO ENTER THE GROUP BUY!!!!

Pricing!!!

This is a legitimate group buy. I am not going to run this forever! Get in now to help me get these moving and save money!
These will go for $150/set after the group buy is done. Pricing for units sold:

5+ Kits: $120/set

Shipping is set at $5/Kit. I will ship internationally, ask for quote. Orders will not ship until (roughly) 15-days AFTER the Group Buy is completed.

Payments accepted through PayPal. A $60 deposit required to secure your pricing with this group buy. Please send deposit once you agree to enter the Group Buy.

Paypal email address is: [email protected]

Please PM or Email me for any questions you may have!

Find what fits your vehicle here:

https://www.sylvania.com/en-us/applications/automotive-lighting-systems/Pages/lrgmain.aspx

References:

-ClubXterra GB (completed): http://www.clubxterra.org/forums/showthread.php?t=80074
-Facebook Business Page: https://www.facebook.com/helios.optix
-Facebook Personal Page: https://www.facebook.com/steven.skwarkowski
-Temp E-Commerce Site: https://squareup.com/market/helios-optix-lighting-has-evolved

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm a little partial to the LEDs. There are so many trade offs with HIDs. Too many potential problems.

I have some more photos to post up as well as two videos. I'll get them up later.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Do you have bulbs that would fit a Jeep JK (H13) available? If so, I may be interested in this, need to see if I can get the money together first.

·
TNX Administrator
20,232 Posts
This Group Buy has been "Approved" to continue.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
More photos with descriptions as I promised:

2002 Nissan Xterra with OEM Reflector Housings. Left=55-Watt Sylvania (OEM), Right=24-Watt (Low) LED, 5000K

Similar as above, just High beams (28-watts for LED:

2002 Mitsubishi Lancer (9007 bulb, same bulb as the X). OEM Reflector Headlight. Left = 35-Watt HID (6000K). Right = 24-watt LED (low, 5000K)

1990 Nissan 300ZX with OEM Projector Headlight, 9006 Bulb @ 28-Watts LED.

*Note: The small amount of light bleed noticeable above the cut-off line is actually a problem with my headlight housing. I added a custom/replica insert into the headlight and its not 100% perfect, so some light escapes around the insert.

1999 Acura Integra with 5000K Low & High Beam running factory Projector Low Beams and Reflector High Beams

*Note: On this car, when the high beams are used, the low beam stays on. This is not typical as my Nissan 300ZX disables the low beam when the high beams are on. So in this case, 4 x 28-Watt LED lights are being used to light the road. This is equivalent to roughly 11,000 Lumens.

Here are some color comparisons as well. This isnt the best representation as the wall I am using is slightly yellow.

Here are some bad cell phone photos of the Xterra at night. The high beams work OK which I will explain below

Low Beam:

High Beams:

Youtube Video of the lights being submerged in water. These lights are completely water proof! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKMcC3_yG_0

A quick install video on my 02 Xterra: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoe6D2pNciQ

Lastly, a quick 101 on how these LEDs work.

Single Beam Lights (9005, 9006, etc): These lights are the brightest. These lights are also in vehicles that utilize 4 bulbs. This is simple math, twice the bulbs = twice the lumen output. These lights are rated anywhere between 24-28 watts and put out roughly 100-Lumens/watt (2400-2800 lumens).

When these lights are used, both LED chips on each light are utilized at once. This means you get more light output simple due to the fact that this style headlight cost a whole lot more than your traditional headlight. These lights are traditionally in a setup where the 9006 is a low beam in a projector housing. The 9005 is in a separate housing meant for high beam only.

Dual Beam Lights (9007, H4, etc): These lights are the most common. The only reason for this, COST. It is simply cheaper to make these simple, reflector style lights. These lights utilize a 2 Bulbs only to achieve High & Low Beam outputs. These LEDs work identical in theory to how HIDs should work. The upper LED is on and the upper half of the projector housing is illuminated for low beam pattern. The light floods the upper half of the headlight, the reflectors refract the light downward onto the road.

When you hit your high beams, the bottom LED turns on. At this point the upper LED dims slightly so both LEDs are putting out the same wattage and have equal brightness. The bottom half of the headlight is lit up, allowing the highbeam to flood light vertically more so than the low beam.

The good, bad, or ugly truth. This is NOT up for debate as it is simple math. You may not agree with it, but that doesnt make it any less true!

With a standard reflector housing as you see on 85% of cars on the road, there is very little that can be done to greatly improve light pattern with corresponding output. What I mean is, you only have on bulb per light. And one bulb can only do so much.

No matter how hard you try, a proper headlight separate high and low beam will always outperform our standard, reflector headlights.

What I am trying to get across is, the high beams do not seem very impressive on the Xterra. Well, thats because they do very little anyway. You are only achieving another 400-600 lumens output total when using the high beam. It just spreads the light all over. The problem still lies in the fact all these headlights use a single bulb. For your standard city driving, you wont be using highbeams anyway unless you're flashing to pass.

I will be posting up more photos in a few days of my wifes Lancer with 6000K LEDs vs 6000K HIDs!

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
You state that twice the bulbs = twice the lumen output. True, I suppose, but depending on the arrangement of the bulbs and their focus on the reflector you may not actually gain any improvement in usable light.

I'd love to see a report from an actually gen2 xterra user on whether there is an improvement to high beam performance. So as interesting as this group buy is I'll have to wait and see.

Good luck.. hope this works.

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
I'm really curious to see how they perform in a 2nd gen xterra. I read through the thread over on clubx, and still haven't seen any installed shots.

obviously, in all of the pics where theres a hard cutoff line, you had these in a projector, right?

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
I have a two photos just posted above of a Mitsubishi Lancer which uses the same bulb as the X
Posted via Mobile Device
same bulb, totally different housing and reflector

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So, just a question.

Since when did LEDs start being produced at 5000k?

I have never seen a LED in anything but 6000k.....
Im not sure exactly when. But I do know the new lineup from CREE in there CXA Lamp Series offer them which is what is in these lights. Im personally happy they began making them in 5000K.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm really curious to see how they perform in a 2nd gen xterra. I read through the thread over on clubx, and still haven't seen any installed shots.

obviously, in all of the pics where theres a hard cutoff line, you had these in a projector, right?

I have them in my X which I can try and get decent photos of. Every time I tired it didnt turn out very well so I just scrapped the photos.

As far as I know, no one has these in a 2nd Gen X yet. You should start seeing people photos, opinions and reviews on these in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
same bulb, totally different housing and reflector
I understand. But the light pattern from both headlights is still very similar. Both the X and the Lancer project a bean-shaped pattern with the LEDs while the Halogen and HID have a consistent jagged and non-uniform pattern.

I only had HIDs in the 300ZX and the Lancer. Ive almost ruined my own personal set of LEDs in the X by taking them out over and over again (about 30 times). So to be honest, it kind of sucks ruining your own stuff just to get a few extra photos.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
You state that twice the bulbs = twice the lumen output. True, I suppose, but depending on the arrangement of the bulbs and their focus on the reflector you may not actually gain any improvement in usable light.

I'd love to see a report from an actually gen2 xterra user on whether there is an improvement to high beam performance. So as interesting as this group buy is I'll have to wait and see.

Good luck.. hope this works.
I'm on the same page. Waiting on the sidelines to see if a 2nd GEN over at ClubXterra posts up an install / review.

Glad to see you're able to sell your wares here though!

·
on line
3,453 Posts
So, how is the installation since you have a 2nd gen X?

Is it just plug it in as a regular 9007 bulb or do you have to do some modifications to it?

Also, I have HIDs on my X....would I keep my HID ballasts for this LEDs or do I have to swap it all out completely?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So, how is the installation since you have a 2nd gen X?

Is it just plug it in as a regular 9007 bulb or do you have to do some modifications to it?

Also, I have HIDs on my X....would I keep my HID ballasts for this LEDs or do I have to swap it all out completely?
Everything is swapped out completely. The LED Bulb and Ballast is its own setup. Which is also nice since it is a lot smaller.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts