Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 541 Posts

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
MESSAGE BALLISTIC FAB FOR YOUR PROMO CODE!!!

ITS FINALLY HERE!
Start Placing Orders Tomorrow Morning!

Tues October 15th, I will PM confirmed Group Buy members the Promo Code to use on BallisticFabrication.com.
Confirmed Members will receive the Promo Code.​

Group Buy Members will save 20% off the retail price!

$109.99 plus shipping!

High Fill and Standard Fill both qualify for this Group Buy!

The Group Buy Promo Code is valid for two weeks only!

Please allow for up to 2 weeks lead time on all Group Buy orders. Due to the high volume of orders, it may take up to 2 weeks to fulfill.

There have been minimal changes from the prototype. All covers will require more fluid than the factory cover and with the large fill hole on both high fill and standard, it will be easy to check levels with a finger or dip stick. The Ballistic M226 follows the well engineered factory Nissan M226 design, but is atleast 10% stronger based on minimal material thickness and significantly resists deformation when dragged compared to factory and competitors products.

Ok everyone, I have some GREAT news (well I think so)!! So after speaking with Allen again, he has some updated equipment and he really wants to start from scratch and do everything right rather than use the old plans. Truffle's has agreed to let me use his extra M226 cover to send off to Allen tomorrow. I stressed to Allen the need for another vendor and he is ON BOARD!! He said that he could probably have a prototype welded up in about 2 weeks and then once tested he will provide however many we need for a GB as I mentioned 10 orders would be an easy number to hit!!! He mentioned that he would offer 10-20% off based on the build process (price should be the same as the other models $114.99) and also offer a "Hi-Fill" option. I also asked him if he would continue to offer the cover as part of their line of diff covers moving forward and he said YES!!! So there you go, a new Vendor supporting us!!

So here's how this will work, I will keep this feeler open and make a list of "Confirmed Orders" and "Interested." In about 2 weeks when we have the prototype going I will make this feeler "Official" and list the quantities, % discount, etc... Please bare with me as we are starting from scratch so 2 weeks may turn in to 3 weeks, but if you know me personally or you know my other GB IT WILL GET DONE AND YOU WILL BE HAPPY!!!

If you don't know me, check out my feedback: http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=61002

The "Confirmed List" will mainly start with me as I am in 100%, please let me know if you are 100% in now and I will include you!! Thank you in advance for the support and helping me add a "semi-new" product to the Xterra market!!!

Cheers!!:eek:ccasion5:

Chris

****YOU WILL BE ABLE TO CHOOSE YOUR FILL OPTION WHEN ORDERING THROUGH THEIR WEBSITE!!! Thanks!!

Confirmed List:
  1. N.Y.X.
  2. Quest4ADV
  3. snowtrout
  4. AndrewVK
  5. sunnypruit
  6. Ricel
  7. snoborderphx
  8. TKX
  9. Mrcole
  10. MainerX
  11. Avplayer
  12. Jacq Fou!
  13. TN4x4Xterra
  14. tomrejzek
  15. SpongeX
  16. OffRdX
  17. Scott Farris
  18. JCLEM
  19. Slasa E
  20. Golf286
  21. Lewers
  22. darthxtexas
  23. malleusdei321
  24. MeatLoaf
  25. Airmapper
  26. westracing01
Interested List:

1. krp8128
  2. JeffAzar
  3. MadMike (10-Bolt D44)
  4. germandude890
  5. G-Love
  6. marksmatter
  7. Rushy_Rush
  8. tikidollracer
  9. Paulkucz
  10. SteadyHigh
  11. Markd001
  12. Jordan
  13. kamicrazy99
  14. trevluk
  15. Lootz

Original Post, Edits are Above:
Hello everyone, I wanted to see if there would be any interest in a GB for a rear diff cover (like this one but for a 12 bolt M226) from Ballistic Fab? They had started making them and Allen said he may still have the plans lying around but would be willing to make some up (he said about 3-4 weeks if it requires CAD work, if he can find the original file than it would be less).

I am not happy with only having one option. Please let me know if there is any interest and I will get you more details as I am MORE THAN WILLING to get this going ASAP!!! Thank you.

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
Just so we are clear. That example you have linked in the post is a C200 cover and not an M226. They would actually be making ones for an M226 correct? Is there a high fill option or anything like that?

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just so we are clear. That example you have linked in the post is a C200 cover and not an M226. They would actually be making ones for an M226 correct? Is there a high fill option or anything like that?
I'm sorry man, should have been more clear than "like the one pictured" this will be in fact for the m226. Allen currently does not know if he still has the CAD prints for the last one so I'm working on getting him one.
Could be interested pending price and hi fill option...
I will get back to you on price and hi-fill option, this was just to see if I could get some interest first before I go into details with him. But as you can see the C200 one is pretty close in price and if I organize as a GB and get say like 10 orders I'm sure it will be more than fair compared to the other options.
Awesomeness. I'm already covered (pun intended) personally, but everyone wins whenever another vendor comes to the market! Good on ya Chris!
Thanks Jay!! I was really baffled when I tried to find another option and there wasn't a single one online. So I figured I would give them a shout and Allen was a super nice guy to speak with!

I am going to speak with him tomorrow morning and get things rolling based on this response.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Chris,
Thanks again man for hooking this up. My buddy has a Diff cover for his jeep from these guys. The thing is bomb proof. Can't wait to see if this takes a solid turn.
Sent from AutoGuide.com App
No problem man, I'm all about options!! If all goes well this will be a quick GB so we can get them in hand ASAP. If everyone who posted is in after I confirm a price and options (as I feel like everyone would just want a hi-fill but I'm not sure) that would almost be enough right there!!

Spread the word and I'll get update tomorrow!!!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Only thing I worry about the high fills is with a stock (or near stock) angle, would it be placing too much fluid in the diff this potentially sealing out the seals?

I know the high full is geared towards the more aggressive pinion angled diffs which cause the stock fill to sit lower.

Green: stock
Red: stock at angled diff
Blue: high fill

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I will definitely make options if at all possible! But I get what you're saying for sure, if you never plan on lifting your vehicle you would want a stock fill location. But on the other hand with the hi-fill you could still just measure out your fluid before you fill it and then you wouldn't have to do anything if you did decide to throw a small lift on in the future.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Only thing I worry about the high fills is with a stock (or near stock) angle, would it be placing too much fluid in the diff this potentially sealing out the seals?

I know the high full is geared towards the more aggressive pinion angled diffs which cause the stock fill to sit lower.

Green: stock
Red: stock at angled diff
Blue: high fill
not to get off topic but what the hell driveshaft is that??

1 - 20 of 541 Posts