Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Note: Group Buy is Canceled

I reached out to Rago today and they are willing to do a group buy with a 17% discount on the ditch light mounts (need at least 7 people). Looks like they just need the emails of those wanting in and they will send you an invoice for the discounted price. If you are interested please PM me your email and I will compile them and send them off. Please note, that by sending me your email you are fully agreeing to the group buy. To prevent this lingering into the future too long I’m setting a cutoff date at 5/29/2020 to get me your email. Then I will send off the list to Rago.

Product Description: Ditch light mounts for 2005-2015 Xterras. Will not fit with snorkels. May fit with hood struts (cannot 100% confirm at this time)
Price: 17% discount off of $84.95. Approximate price of $70.51
Delivery Charges: Buyer pays for shipping
Numbers Required: 7
Details: Rago Fabrication
Company Contact Details: Rago Fabrication: Buy Overland & Off-Road Mounts and Accessories.
830-896-7571
[email protected]
Payment information: Rago will invoice buyers directly via email
Closing dates: 5/29/2020
Delivery dates: 2-4 week advertised lead time.

Confirmed Buyers (5/7)
Zanethan
drrobinson
MARSHBUSTER
roXterra
DPnSTA

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
How many on the list so far?
We can private message all the Yes people from the first thread to move it along.... and do better than 2 weeks?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How many on the list so far?
We can private message all the Yes people from the first thread to move it along.... and do better than 2 weeks?
I have no confirmed buys yet. I can reach out to the others but I think 2 weeks is reasonable. I don’t want to keep compiling lists and sending them off.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can’t 100% confirm they will fit with the hood struts but Maxterra’s do and per this thread it sounds like they should. They will NOT work with a snorkel though.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Rago has a 15% off sale now, but with the Group Buy we get 18%. woohoo!

Nobody had luck searching if Rago fits with the hood struts? I think I saw the answer in another thread here...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Interested! But judging by the photos, it doesn't look like they'll fit with a snorkel... you reckon we can just swap the bracket sides, and turn them facing inward as opposed to outward? i can confirm by tomorrow evening.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If they are running a 15% off now it is almost worth just doing it now bc that would put price at 72.25 and they have free shipping at $75. And with 18% off it would be $69 and some change, possibly not making it to the $75 for free shipping. So the savings actually might wash out with shipping cost. All depends on what the tax will be. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
The other point is time. They may run out of stock and then it takes 2-5 weeks... with a $3 saving. As opposed to now without the $3 saving?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
We have 5 out of 7 commitments needed

Per my post in post number 10 these will 100% not fit with a snorkel. Swapping sides will likely interfere with the hood opening but please do report back if you try it out.

I’ve already gotten this pretty far down the path of happening so bailing now would be a bit of a slap in the face in my opinion. I can reach out and see if they will honor free shipping for the group buy. That being said the 15% discount still knocks this out of the free shipping category so you’d be paying it anyway... that being said you can throw in a cheap item to bump your cart total to over the $75 threshold.

If we’re going to cancel this GB I would like to know sooner than later though so I can order these. I was ready to move on these a month ago and would have likely had them by now.

·
TNX Veteran
4,134 Posts
Please don't take this as an attempt to dissuade any of you from buying this product, but....given the discussion I thought you should know.

The Maxgear Ditch light brackets work with a snorkel and the hood rod mod, are stainless steel, and cost $75 shipped, and he has them in stock and ready to ship.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts