Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
on line
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after trying to find a set of Pro comp wheels, I have come to the conclusion that no one has these wheels in stock. I ended up ordering this wheel instead http://www.buywheelstoday.com/images_products/579.jpg

It does fit our Xterras, it is actually listed on the catalog for our trucks. Now, the wheel is polished. My question is, is it easy to strip the polish off, just with sandpaper, cause I wanted to do the stealth mod on these wheels. If not, I will keep them polished.

·
on line
3,272 Posts
have you seen the mojave models from american racing? i really dig those. too bad those dont come available for the x.

·
on line
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually really like the wheels I ordered, I just wished they came in black, but someone else had a set of polished wheels and he also painted his black, which is what I am going to do as well. Will take some elbow grease, but its ok.

Yeah, I saw the Mojave wheels too, but like you said they are not available for our X's.

·
on line
1,206 Posts
I actually like the wheels a lot. More info...

·
on line
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
they are 16x8, 4.5 backspacing, 0 offset.

got them for $83 a piece from buywheelstoday.com

the guy told me that they are hubcentric. he said that on american racings website, it lists these wheels for an 05 and up Xterra for the 6 X 4.5 bolt pattern.

I am definitely doing the stealth mod when I get them. I will post pics when they are all done

·
on line
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah, I called everywhere, from east coast to west coast, I even called Pro Comp themselves and they told me that they only make like 50 sets of those wheels every year. I wanted something that was in stock. I did not feel like waiting 2 months for a set of wheels

·
on line
3,050 Posts
have you heard of Keystone? They are a distributor of car/truck parts, but they are also dealers for like Rrancho, American Racing, Fabtech and even Procomp...check their website and find a dealer who deals with Keystone. The dumb excuse that procomp makes only 50 sets is crap! There are at least 4 or 5 people that have ordered a set so that means in the entire US/Canada there are only 50 to buy? The people that work at procomp dont know a hell of alot...so if you like those rims just keep digging and you will find them. I am very happy with the procomp rims...I just ordered me a spare through Keystone and I was told that they are still available...hope this helps
http://www.keystone-auto.com/

·
on line
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks miles, I actually have heard of keystone, never thought to check there, but in all honesty, I think I am going to stick with the American Racing wheel cause it is a little different. I actually had a set of wheels that almost looked exactly like this on my first gen Xterra and I loved those wheels. I would have kept them, but they would not fit on the second gen, so I had to get rid of them.

·
on line
2,573 Posts
LOL Pro Comp only making 50 sets. I would hate to be the poor bastard that orders a set and he only gets 3 rims cuz I ordered 5. LOL

I like the rims you ordered and will look killer in stealth.

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Stealth those bad boys! Here is a pic of what my wheels looked like when i first got them.

Too shiny for me so.......

And here it is with the new lift

I have the MB72's but they look similar. Stealth them man. You wont be dissapointed.

·
on line
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh, I am definitely stealthing them. What did you use by the way? I know a lot of people here use the Bedliner, but I know Duplicolor has the Flat Black engine enamel, as well as wheel paint now as well. What would you guys recommend? The Bedliner, Engine Enamel, or the specific Wheel Paint?

·
on line
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
XterraVT said:
LOL Pro Comp only making 50 sets. I would hate to be the poor bastard that orders a set and he only gets 3 rims cuz I ordered 5. LOL

I like the rims you ordered and will look killer in stealth.
Yeah, I got tired of getting the run around from everyone. One guy tells me he has them in stock, charges my credit card, and two days later tells me that he does not have them in stock and that the wheels are discontinued. Another guy tells me that they only make 50 sets a year and that the 7089 is not a popular wheel. I just got sick of all the BS from everyone. I hate dealing with people over the phone cause 90% of the time they tell you they have something in stock just to get you to make the purchase, and then it takes 2 months to receive the part. What ever happened to good customer service, I swear.

If people were honest, I could live with the wait for the part, but when they tell you that it will be there in a week and you dont see it for god knows how long, that is what kills me. Anywho, my wheels have shipped and I should have them by Monday, Tuesday at the latest so I am a happy camper.

·
on line
1,149 Posts
I was gonna use the engine enamel but i had an extra banged up wheel laying around and used that to test paint. After everything, i ended up using Rustoleum textured flat black paint. Its OK. its just when it gets dirty and dutsy, the wheels get a little hard to clean off. The smoother surface paint just wipes off. This applies to dust, not mud.

·
on line
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I guess I will probably go with the Bedliner. I used it on my grill, and I like how that turned out. thank you

1 - 20 of 20 Posts