Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
on line
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have recently joined with my friend to start a shop. the shops name is Wide Open Throttle based in Ca very well known in the 300z forums. im trying to branch out to our other nissans.....

i just wanted to know how many people would be interested if i started on. the price will depend on how many people are willing to buy em.... ill post on the frontier and pathfinder forums as well...since the intakes are the same for all 3 trucks.....

price drops would be every 10 people....so just let me know either on this forum or a poll
http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=4312

·
on line
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the intake gives really good results...lots of torque
what makes this intake so special is the prefilter box
the part # is PF1958P

the price that i can give everyone right now is about $360 + tax and shipping.....im in CA
THE RETAIL PRICE IS $470

but if we get ten people ill be able to call in at get some group buy prices....discounts come in groups of 10.... so if we get 20 people...that should be a significant drop in price

keep in mind 360 is NOT the group buy price.

this also fits the frontiers and pathfinders. so if you have any friends interested. just type
me..plus x# of friends interested

·
on line
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the best i was able to get it down to was $350 FOR A GROUP OF 10
$340 WITH A GROUP OF 20
add shipping
add tax for CA people

·
on line
332 Posts
i wounder whats in the box :albino: magic intake elves?

Hmmm lift vs. intake... [email protected] you xterra and your money sucking ways!!

·
on line
14 Posts
Hey guys,

I know I am new here ... but I've had my X a while now.

I bought this intake over at clubfrontier from Jason @ ButmannInd for $350 last year on just a normal price.

Anyhow ... I wanted to give a review for everyone here so they know what they are getting into.

The intake is very well made and took less than 20 minutes to install.

Upon startup, the X is totally different sounding ... and has a decided open sound to it. Under full throttle it is significantly louder ... especially after 3500rpm. It really screams past 5k ... louder than my old 350z with a popcharger and kinetix intake plenum.

Power ... this is where I was stumped....and why I eventually sold mine. It makes power, that is for damn sure ... a good bit ... and the sound is very nice. HOWEVER, it kills the low end power. My driving habits had to change in order to not bog my truck at a stoplight and starting slowly. My drive regularly takes me over the 405 hill to Santa Monica and my truck could no longer maintain 6th gear going over the hill at anything under 70 ... now stock it coasts easily in 6th all the way down to 62mph without losing speed.

In short ... the system is fun and makes top end power in spades (or at least sounds and feels like it) but it kills the low end usability of the X ... I mean .. this isn't a sports car ... and when I realized I killed the utility of my X .. I quickly sold it.

- Jim

·
on line
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
all intakes reduce your low end torque....ALL INTAKES....well the ones that really work.
its how it works....because you reduce drag in the intake you will loose hp and torque. torque needs a long intake path and hp needs a short intake path.

ok...benefits
more HP and Torque at high end- more air going into the motor +air+fuel=hp and torque
this is why there are Cold Air intakes and shortrams
of course the shortram is better up top and cold air is good down low b/c torque

better fuel savings WHEN your in low cruising rpm. BUT if u haul ass alot then YOU ARE GOING TO LOOSE MPG.

you do not ever have to buy another filter
just wash it

downfall
you loose low end torque

loose MPG when you rev to upper half of rpm

what makes this intake different? better....cost more than the rest

injen tuned their intake. they correct the air/fuel ratio
they have a prefilter BOX.....so...since we do have a truck and we do go offroading, the screen will prevent rocks mud and other debris from flying into the cotton filter.
those are the major differences

they AEM intake does not come with a box. it is an open filter with a heat shield. this design is good, but it is more open to elements......YES YOU CAN put a sponge prefilter on
but the INJEN product uses a box with a huge cone inside which means the BOX has more surface area, more coverage, more filtration.

the volant is a great design. the limiting factor to the volant is the box. the box is closed. while the box will do a great job of protecting the filter debris, air will have to come in through the stockish hole. limiting the air from coming into the box and making it harder for the filter to breath....think of the airpath.....if debris does get into the box, they will stay in the box until you go to clean it out

the INJEN has a mesh around the entire box. the filter can grab air from all sides of the box. this will not hinder the performance of the filter's design. in this one you can just dust off the crap on the box....
plus the whole thing is polished....get some bling bling under the hood.

there are downsides to every filter. but i think that this is the best intake out for x is terms of power and capable fuel savings

·
on line
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
jimrhit said:
Hey guys,

I know I am new here ... but I've had my X a while now.

I bought this intake over at clubfrontier from Jason @ ButmannInd for $350 last year on just a normal price.

Anyhow ... I wanted to give a review for everyone here so they know what they are getting into.

The intake is very well made and took less than 20 minutes to install.

Upon startup, the X is totally different sounding ... and has a decided open sound to it. Under full throttle it is significantly louder ... especially after 3500rpm. It really screams past 5k ... louder than my old 350z with a popcharger and kinetix intake plenum.

Power ... this is where I was stumped....and why I eventually sold mine. It makes power, that is for damn sure ... a good bit ... and the sound is very nice. HOWEVER, it kills the low end power. My driving habits had to change in order to not bog my truck at a stoplight and starting slowly. My drive regularly takes me over the 405 hill to Santa Monica and my truck could no longer maintain 6th gear going over the hill at anything under 70 ... now stock it coasts easily in 6th all the way down to 62mph without losing speed.

In short ... the system is fun and makes top end power in spades (or at least sounds and feels like it) but it kills the low end usability of the X ... I mean .. this isn't a sports car ... and when I realized I killed the utility of my X .. I quickly sold it.

- Jim

JASON is not selling it for $350 its even advertised for $355 with shipping 17.99 and handling 7 sump...
the total came out to 379.99
THIS IS WORSE than ebay......

i will charge the real cost of shipping and handling.

·
on line
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok guys...ill have to have a talk with my distributor....cuz this is bull.....just give u guys a hint on my discount....with a group of 10 ill be making less than $150 combined.... im damn sure those guys get a bigger cut.....
ill have to sit down and have to use my asian persuasion!!!

let me know if you guys want any other intake besides this one....
actually
LET ME KNOW WHAT KIND OF GROUP BUY YOU WOULD WANT.... i dunno if i get velont.....AEM and K&N for sure though.....

1 - 20 of 34 Posts