Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
on line
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I went to fill up the gas tank. I unscrewed the gas cap and as I started to slide the pump handle into the entrance of the opening I noticed something that seemed wrong, but I'm not sure. I could have swore there was one of those small covers on a hinge that cover the opening in the neck of the gas tank, but mine was missing. I hope I'm explaining this piece well enough. It covers the opening to the gas tank and when you fill up, the pump pushes the cover open.

Can someone check theirs and see if I'm right or if I'm imaging things? I swear it was there and now is gone. If it's gone I guess it's time for a trip to the dealer to use the warranty. I'll post a pic later if needed.

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Mine has it. It's a 05 S model.

·
on line
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an 06 S. I just went out and stuck my finger in the opening to see if maybe it's stuck in the up position but no luck. I don't even feel any type of bracket where it may have been attached. Assuming it fell into the gas tank, I wonder if it could do any damage.

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: Nope bluz, my '06 OR doesn't have a FLAPPER VALVE either, (little Navy talk there Grouch)--

--Maybe one of your contact lenses fell in there ??

-- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO

·
on line
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JIMBO said:
:clown: Nope bluz, my '06 OR doesn't have a FLAPPER VALVE either, (little Navy talk there Grouch)--

I think I must have inhaled some of the gas fumes! :shaking2:

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: Yea bluz, come to think of it, when I just went down to my garage, to look for my FLAPPER VALVE--

bluzfan said:
JIMBO said:

I think I must have inhaled some of the gas fumes! :shaking2:
---------------------
--I opened the gas tank and the gas fumes, almost knocked me thru the steel bars, on my garage windows--

·
on line
3,592 Posts
Had to look on mine.. 07 SE. NO Flapper on the Fuel tank. hmm.. all my other trucks & cars alway's had flapper.
another new fun fact learned about the Might X.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts