Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
on line
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
our gas tank doors spring mechanism is misaligned, so the door just flops open. at stop lights people say "hey, your gas tank is open" "yes, i know. thank you"

is this common?
can someone take a pic of the inside of thier door so i can see if i can get things back in order?

its under warranty, but i had stealerships :protest: . i dont want them to have it for a week just to fix that.

·
on line
1,884 Posts
Not common.

If you hate dealerships so much then put up the cash and get it fixed, or find a dealership that cares about their customers...they do exist.

·
on line
2,540 Posts
Looks like your in the DFW area, right? There are a few good ones like Courtesy, and North Texas Nissan. Not sure how far away you are from them but something like that should be fixed in a few hours at most depending on how busy they are and where you take it.

·
on line
3,217 Posts
What's that a post to the evil board?

·
on line
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hattrik21 said:
Looks like your in the DFW area, right? There are a few good ones like Courtesy, and North Texas Nissan. Not sure how far away you are from them but something like that should be fixed in a few hours at most depending on how busy they are and where you take it.
im in north arlington. we got it from Don Davis off of 20.
our tire keeps loosing air (and we have to wheel and tire warranty package thing from them). we took it up there and they said they would be able to get to it for a few days and that we would have to leave it there. thats poo.
when we got the thing it was low on air, and we made them check it and they said it was fine. well...it just seems that they dont care. maybe i will try the new don davis in grapevine.

edit: wait a minute how did you know i was in the DFW area?

·
on line
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
on line
386 Posts
dan galusha said:
What's that a post to the evil board?
That was where a picture of the spring was. Sometimes you have to "deal with the Devil"

·
on line
2,540 Posts
markc522 said:
hattrik21 said:
im in north arlington. we got it from Don Davis off of 20.
our tire keeps loosing air (and we have to wheel and tire warranty package thing from them). we took it up there and they said they would be able to get to it for a few days and that we would have to leave it there. thats poo.
when we got the thing it was low on air, and we made them check it and they said it was fine. well...it just seems that they dont care. maybe i will try the new don davis in grapevine.
That new one is right up the road from my office. Let me know if you do take it there and how they treat you. I need to get my recall stuff handled sometime soon and was thinking of trying them.

·
on line
3,217 Posts
markc522 said:
More then likely he read all of your 29 post like I did and came across the ones that you posted when you first joined and posted the pics of your girl's rig going wheeling. ;)

markc522 said:
its a place here near us in dallas.
i think its city owned land, but (i know, i know, tread lightly) tons of people are out there every day of the week.
everything from rock crawling buggies to people like us.
theres odessy's, bikes, horses, atv's. everything outdoors.

its crazy because its right in the middle of the city.

That was taken from your topic Her 1st time.

·
on line
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dan galusha said:
markc522 said:
More then likely he read all of your 29 post like I did and came across the ones that you posted when you first joined and posted the pics of your girl's rig going wheeling. ;)
good call.

·
on line
1,884 Posts
markc522 said:
Woe. Did i tough a nerve?
if so, sorry.
No nerve, just thought the post was a little negative...I'm the first to spout of when I get screwed but I also don't like hyperbole and generalizations. So no offese taken, and I do hope you get the door fixed easily (whithout giving up your X for a week :geek: )

·
on line
2,938 Posts
I must look at my gas door, since I never pump my own gas as our state saves us the hassle.

·
on line
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
RogueClimber said:
markc522 said:
Woe. Did i tough a nerve?
if so, sorry.
No nerve, just thought the post was a little negative...I'm the first to spout of when I get screwed but I also don't like hyperbole and generalizations. So no offese taken, and I do hope you get the door fixed easily (whithout giving up your X for a week :geek: )
Maybe it was a bit negative. Sorry. But, maybe that negativity stems from negative experiences. I will try to not be so negative.

I think I might try Grubbs Nissan. I took my Jeep in to Grubbs Chrysler and they treated me well.

Well, thanks for all the input guys.

Oh, one more quick question. Does the warranty cover tires? I dont have any of the paperwork with me and Im about to call and schedule an appointment.
When we got our Xterra (used) they (Don Davis) gave us thier wheel and tire package which means they will cover any flats and whatnot free of charge. I was just wandering if that was a Nissan thing and if another dealership would honor that, because I have a tire that keeps loosing air and the pressure sensor is always on, even after i check all 4 wheels' pressure. We can kill a few birds here with one stone.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
A magnet works until you get it fixed, Use silicone to secure it to one part and it hold door closed. They sell them a lot of places. Lowes has em in the cabinet dept that are strong covered in plastic with magnets sticking out one side. You shut the door and it stays shut. MC

·
on line
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
fixed it

Hey guys,
i fixed the gas door.
the spring was just out of its home groove.
just a pair of needle nose plyers.

it looks like it will happen agian. just bad design on nissans part. o well its a simple fix.

·
on line
235 Posts
yeah those guys in the service department Don Davis Arlington aren't too skilled in the customer relations area. That's where I bought my X and where I took it to get the gas tank door fixed also. BTW the TexasX the post on the other board is also me. It was surprisingly easy though, with making a service appointment and all...

mark,

glad you got it fixed yourself, hope it didn't take too long. And I agree, I think the door on the new x's is pretty shabby. It never feels solid even when it works right.... and btw I sent you a pm...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Do you have a picture or link that showed you how. All the links are so old nothing works. Searching on the xterra owners club page for "fuel spring door" gets me 8 pages of junk.

thanks

1 - 20 of 24 Posts