Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
on line
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
might sound like a dumb question but is there any way to adjust the gas pedal more back (front of vehicle) I am a pretty big 6' 1" guy and even with the seat fully back on long trips my leg tends to cramp up due to the angle that it is in. If it is not adjustable i hope i will get used to this.

·
on line
246 Posts
I don't think it is, and being 6'4" I can relate. What I do is set the bottom cushion to where the butt part is in its lowest position and the knee portion to the highest position. I feel it pulls my feet a little closer to the chair. Also, with size 14 shoes I have gotten used to driving with my foot sideways to the point of being nearly parallel to the floorboard. On long trips I rest my leg next to the shifter.

·
on line
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was thinking of maybe adding a small type of cushion where as u say the knee portion is so maybe that will lift my leg up..(since i also bought seat covers for the front 2 seats hiding the cushion shouldnt be a problem)

·
on line
2,077 Posts
i'm 6'2" and i don't have a problem with the pedal distance, i don't even keep the seat set all the way back....but i do drive with my foot angled to the pedals...old habit from driving my trans am i used to have...

·
on line
246 Posts
Went and took a look at the pedal assembly, it can't be adjusted. But if you are handy you could make your own bracket and move it back about an inch. The pedal when mashed is about an inch from the floor. One thing I am not trilled with is when I looked behind the dash I noticed that the steel is not coated and has a lot of little spots of surface rust.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
willgr1 said:
i'm 6'2" and i don't have a problem with the pedal distance, i don't even keep the seat set all the way back....
X2. I am 6'2" and have no problems. My set is also not pushed all the way back.

·
on line
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my previous car was a van so i was used to the free space. I dont know.. some people i guess are used to their knees being on a angle

·
on line
1,361 Posts
do you have cruise, that would help solve part of the problem as giving you a chance to move your leg.

I assume not or you wouldn't be asking this question but just thought I would put it out there.

·
on line
1,716 Posts
willgr1 said:
i'm 6'2" and i don't have a problem with the pedal distance, i don't even keep the seat set all the way back....but i do drive with my foot angled to the pedals...old habit from driving my trans am i used to have...
It must be a Pontiac thing...I had a '72 Formula 455 Firebird. I'm 6'4" and I don't have a problem. I also drive with my foot tilted to the side and my leg up against the console.

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
Yeah, I am 6'4" also. I drive with the seat all the way back, my foot to the side, and my knee resting on the console. I have just gotten used to it.

·
TNX Administrator
20,252 Posts
Deltaphi216 said:
Yeah, I am 6'4" also. I drive with the seat all the way back, my foot to the side, and my knee resting on the console. I have just gotten used to it.
X2; 6"3" here & I do the same.

·
on line
11 Posts
I'm 6'6'' and compared to the first gen X the new gen is a damn cargo van when it comes to leg room. I am so damn happy with the leg room no more looking like im dry humping the steering colum :sex: . The only thing i plan on changing is the rearview mirror blocks my view out the front window and needs to be raised about 3-4 inches

·
on line
191 Posts

I win for biggest Mongaloid in a Asian SUV award. I am mutant and I found it alot more comfortable than its competition. I had serious issues with being able to see the road in a FJ. The 4 runner felt like i was laying down, and there was no way I could get in the series 3 Disco. Seriously, it aint that bad.

The key to driving is simple.

Running Start!

Leave your wallet in your pocket. This prevents that pesky circulation problem. Your leg will be void of feeling in a few moments.

Knee goes right, twist foot at ankle to left.

Easy-Peezy-Not Japaneezzee

[/img]

·
on line
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BIGTOM726 said:

I win for biggest Mongaloid in a Asian SUV award. I am mutant and I found it alot more comfortable than its competition. I had serious issues with being able to see the road in a FJ. The 4 runner felt like i was laying down, and there was no way I could get in the series 3 Disco. Seriously, it aint that bad.

The key to driving is simple.

Running Start!

Leave your wallet in your pocket. This prevents that pesky circulation problem. Your leg will be void of feeling in a few moments.

Knee goes right, twist foot at ankle to left.

Easy-Peezy-Not Japaneezzee

[/img]
hows the headspace for you?

·
on line
191 Posts
Plenty. If I was an english major I would say ...There is a Plethora.

·
on line
57 Posts
And to think, the only reason I got an automatic was because I couldn't fit my size 15 foot comfortably between the clutch pedal and the floor. My heel kept dragging on the floor. But everywhere else the X is a perfect fit.

After my Wrangler, the X felt HUGE!

·
on line
62 Posts
I honestly don't know how you taller guys and gals drive.
I'm 5'10" and in almost every vehicle I drive, I have the seat slid back all the way.

Vince :clown:

·
on line
191 Posts
Its easy, we have no expectation of fitting anywhere. Lack of options makes it work by default.

·
on line
45 Posts
X 20. I'm 6'5" and I didn't even come close to fitting in the gen 1 Xterra. In fact, that almost prevented me from even trying the new one out. But I fit in really well, and have decent legroom and great headroom with the seat all the way back and all the way down, and reclined a bit.

I took the X on its first road trip this weekend, and to prevent leg cramping, I made a lot of use of the cruise control so I could squirm around and keep semi-comfortable while driving!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts