Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was bored Sunday and decided to head up to Nemadji State Forest and do some light adventuring. The trail was mostly an old converted railroad trail and was pretty straight. There were some fun puddles and hills towards the end once we got off the railroad trail.

I need to get to some real 4x4 trails, but there's not that much in the Twin Cities (that I know about anyway).

·
on line
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would say it took about 2 hours to get up there from Minneapolis. The views weren't too amazing, but it was cool forest mixed with marshes and bogs etc. I'm guessing the fall colors will be even better next weekend or the weekend after.

·
on line
1,361 Posts
mcampana said:
Nice photos, but come on now.........you didnt need 4 wheel drive for that trail did you!?
locked, lifted, 33's, SAS'd you bet'cha....
:geek:

·
on line
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice photos, but come on now.........you didnt need 4 wheel drive for that trail did you!?
Not for the straight part you see in the photos. There was one section that got more hilly and rutted, though. There were several mud pits about 1-2 feet deep that I powered through with the 4x4 on. But for the most part, it was about getting out of the house. We don't exactly have much around here as far as rocks go unless you want to make a full weekend out of the drive...

·
on line
1,618 Posts
I did that this summer. Felt like a 9th grader on the elementary school playground. Pretty much drove the whole thing with my knee. Was really wishing that I had brought my 'wheeler. I really liked seeing the bogs, those things are huge. Found some decent spots to play at the end. If you get up this way, look me up. Next time, I could show you some spots that I think are more fun.

·
on line
5 Posts
I've been on the Gandy Dancer a couple of times. Nothing special, but you're right, there isn't much around the cities. If you get a chance, hit the trail when there's some snow on the ground. It's definitely a lot more fun with some mud.

Picture of the aftermath:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts