Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
on line
15,651 Posts
I am looking for something that will let the oil come out in a more controled stream. Currently with the skid plates it makes changing the oil a real mess. I might have to try one. As long as it stays above the skid place, I wouldn't be worried about it getting broke off.

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: --Yo Muzikman--I got an answer from www.fumotovalve.com showing that they are applicable to the Nissan XTERRA--

--Pt#F103N(w/nipple) will evidentally replace the drain plug!!!

--With the nipple you can put a piece of tubing on it and NO MESS--

--I'm going to order one and install it when I put in some MOBILE--

--I think it's about $25 bucks pluss shipping, BUT it should last The lifetime of the ENGINE!!!

--Thanx KoKopop for this great insite!!

-- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO

·
on line
1,361 Posts
JIMBO said:
:clown: --Yo Muzikman--I got an answer from www.fumotovalve.com showing that they are applicable to the Nissan XTERRA--

--Pt#F103N(w/nipple) will evidentally replace the drain plug!!!

--With the nipple you can put a piece of tubing on it and NO MESS--

--I'm going to order one and install it when I put in some MOBILE--

--I think it's about $25 bucks pluss shipping, BUT it should last The lifetime of the ENGINE!!!

--Thanx KoKopop for this great insite!!

-- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO
Let us know what you think once you have it and use it.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jimbo please keep us up to date. $25 is a bite much for the valve, but could make life a lot easier.

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: I'll take some pictures when I put this little jewel in--

--It's on order now so It'll be a couple weeks, but I won't forget--

-- :geek: --JIMBO

·
on line
376 Posts
Yea let us know what ya think bud............ I'd love to snag one but 25 is kinda a chunk for a valve!!!!!!!! But would make things much easer.
now I need a 50,000 mile oil filter and I'm golden ..........!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
on line
189 Posts
this might be a newbish question.
but where would u put this valve at.
under the hood or where the oil filter is at...

·
on line
3,217 Posts
Jang Pilmo said:
this might be a newbish question.
but where would u put this valve at.
under the hood or where the oil filter is at...
This takes the place of the drain plug on the oil pan.

·
on line
111 Posts
On my previous car, I had a similar device from Fram. The Fram version is shorter than that, and has a flexible tube you attached to drain the oil so you can point the oil to go wherever you want.

It was pretty sweet, but I won't be installing one on the X until I use up the 20 copper crush washers I was given the last time I bought an oil filter.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
The one from Fram is called the SureDrain. I like how it works, but I can't find any at the local auto parts stores to see if one will fit. I even have a spare drain plug to compare it to before I even try to put it on.

·
on line
559 Posts
The problem with the Fram (and maybe the Fumoto valve) is that when installed, it creates a lip inside the tank. So, when you're draining the oil, there's a possibility that not all of the old oil will drain.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
That would be a problem. Drats, it was sounding good there for a Minute. I like how my Club Cadet drains. Hard to explain but really cool comes with a drain valve it pushes in and turns, that starts flow, it has a nipple on it that takes a hose to get the oil where you want it. Man if they hard that for an X.

Anyhow, I wonder if we could determine the bottom of the plug when installed and then remove and file a V in the bottom to make it drain all the way??
MC

·
on line
463 Posts
hey all,
I just installed the valve yesterday with Shrockworks skids. I removed the engine skid for ease of installation.
I spoke with a pretty knowledgable person before I purchased. He advised the valve does not have the lip you were concerned about and, at install, I checked the length.
The nipple ends just above the skid plate, I added a 1 inch piece of 3/8 fuel line to get the flow past the skid plate.
Fumoto's handle when installed in mine is accessible form the side of the plate and fumoto has a nifty little latching device to prevent accidental movement.
Now,,,to get around the oil filter drianage?
Hope this helps.
Jim B

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: --Welcome Prod39 and thanks for the info--

--saves me some photos--

-- :geek: --JIMBO

1 - 20 of 20 Posts