Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
on line
15,651 Posts
I am looking for something that will let the oil come out in a more controled stream. Currently with the skid plates it makes changing the oil a real mess. I might have to try one. As long as it stays above the skid place, I wouldn't be worried about it getting broke off.

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: --Yo Muzikman--I got an answer from www.fumotovalve.com showing that they are applicable to the Nissan XTERRA--

--Pt#F103N(w/nipple) will evidentally replace the drain plug!!!

--With the nipple you can put a piece of tubing on it and NO MESS--

--I'm going to order one and install it when I put in some MOBILE--

--I think it's about $25 bucks pluss shipping, BUT it should last The lifetime of the ENGINE!!!

--Thanx KoKopop for this great insite!!

-- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO

·
on line
1,361 Posts
JIMBO said:
:clown: --Yo Muzikman--I got an answer from www.fumotovalve.com showing that they are applicable to the Nissan XTERRA--

--Pt#F103N(w/nipple) will evidentally replace the drain plug!!!

--With the nipple you can put a piece of tubing on it and NO MESS--

--I'm going to order one and install it when I put in some MOBILE--

--I think it's about $25 bucks pluss shipping, BUT it should last The lifetime of the ENGINE!!!

--Thanx KoKopop for this great insite!!

-- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO
Let us know what you think once you have it and use it.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jimbo please keep us up to date. $25 is a bite much for the valve, but could make life a lot easier.

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: I'll take some pictures when I put this little jewel in--

--It's on order now so It'll be a couple weeks, but I won't forget--

-- :geek: --JIMBO

·
on line
376 Posts
Yea let us know what ya think bud............ I'd love to snag one but 25 is kinda a chunk for a valve!!!!!!!! But would make things much easer.
now I need a 50,000 mile oil filter and I'm golden ..........!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
on line
189 Posts
this might be a newbish question.
but where would u put this valve at.
under the hood or where the oil filter is at...

·
on line
3,217 Posts
Jang Pilmo said:
this might be a newbish question.
but where would u put this valve at.
under the hood or where the oil filter is at...
This takes the place of the drain plug on the oil pan.

·
on line
111 Posts
On my previous car, I had a similar device from Fram. The Fram version is shorter than that, and has a flexible tube you attached to drain the oil so you can point the oil to go wherever you want.

It was pretty sweet, but I won't be installing one on the X until I use up the 20 copper crush washers I was given the last time I bought an oil filter.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
The one from Fram is called the SureDrain. I like how it works, but I can't find any at the local auto parts stores to see if one will fit. I even have a spare drain plug to compare it to before I even try to put it on.

·
on line
559 Posts
The problem with the Fram (and maybe the Fumoto valve) is that when installed, it creates a lip inside the tank. So, when you're draining the oil, there's a possibility that not all of the old oil will drain.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
That would be a problem. Drats, it was sounding good there for a Minute. I like how my Club Cadet drains. Hard to explain but really cool comes with a drain valve it pushes in and turns, that starts flow, it has a nipple on it that takes a hose to get the oil where you want it. Man if they hard that for an X.

Anyhow, I wonder if we could determine the bottom of the plug when installed and then remove and file a V in the bottom to make it drain all the way??
MC

·
on line
463 Posts
hey all,
I just installed the valve yesterday with Shrockworks skids. I removed the engine skid for ease of installation.
I spoke with a pretty knowledgable person before I purchased. He advised the valve does not have the lip you were concerned about and, at install, I checked the length.
The nipple ends just above the skid plate, I added a 1 inch piece of 3/8 fuel line to get the flow past the skid plate.
Fumoto's handle when installed in mine is accessible form the side of the plate and fumoto has a nifty little latching device to prevent accidental movement.
Now,,,to get around the oil filter drianage?
Hope this helps.
Jim B

·
on line
3,484 Posts
That helps a lot! Thanks for the update! Maybe in my future.

One question, if the rubber hose should catch on something will it rip off with no damage to the valve? Or, are you tucking it up where that is not a possibility?

MC

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.