Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just wondering what your thoughts were on a HID full headlight replacement was? Ive seen many people go with the retrofit option and couldn't find any doing a full headlight replacement.

I was checking out this http://www.protuninglab.com/05nixtduhale.html
Seems like a better deal than going with the DIY retrofit since everything is already pre-installed and pretty much plug and play.

Just wondering if i'm missing anything here since it seems too good to be true lol. Also since I've seen most people go the DIY retrofit route.

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
Those are the same junk ones you get off ebay. Projectors have uneven light disperssal, hotspots, ricey leds, bad sealing (condensation issues) requires splicing of harness since it is using two bulbs (one for high one for low, OEM is one bulb)....

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
Gotcha, yeah I figured it was too good to be true. Guess I'm going with the DIY retrofit option. Thanks!
they are better than factory headlights with hid bulbs

but not as good as a full retrofit.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Mr. Deltaphi: lol
Have you ever posted a pic with your new setup lit up? Your little LED strip looks sick. Am inquisitive how they look with some electricity running through it.

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
Mr. Deltaphi: lol
Have you ever posted a pic with your new setup lit up? Your little LED strip looks sick. Am inquisitive how they look with some electricity running through it.
well, no. i haven't. I never got around to hooking them up all the way with the proper PWM and resistors. then I got drunk one night and wanted to test them. I wired up the passenger side and burned out half of them.

I need to pull the lights back apart anyway to deal with the sticking solenoids in the projectors. I'll pull the leds strips out and redo them.

·
Registered
264 Posts
well, no. i haven't. I never got around to hooking them up all the way with the proper PWM and resistors. then I got drunk one night and wanted to test them. I wired up the passenger side and burned out half of them.

I need to pull the lights back apart anyway to deal with the sticking solenoids in the projectors. I'll pull the leds strips out and redo them.
Ouch! The regrets after beer, keep at it man. I think they would look awesome as always on DRL.

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
here's a taste...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts