Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
on line
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is the 15k fuel system treatment worth it???? the one where they add the stuff to your tank and hook up some bottle to your intake??? i paid 70.00 at the fast lube plus. they seemed professional etc, and they did my inspection at the same time...

thanks..

·
on line
279 Posts
In my opinion, no additives or treatments are worth it if you're using quality fluids and gas in your vehicle to begin with. They've got this stuff down to an exact science at this point, and quality gasolines contain sufficient detergents and cleaners to keep your fuel system squeaky clean. You don't need to flush it, and you're curing a problem that doesn't exist. Unless, of course, you're filling up with crappy quality fuel all the time.

The same thing holds true for oil. Even conventional oils are so good these days...what is the API classification up to now, M? You'll keep your internals squeaky clean and in great shape so long as you change it at reasonable intervals (even the traditional 3,000 mile oil change mark - now basically antiquated - was created long ago when oils were nowhere near as good). Flushes, additives, treatments etc.....waste of money. And synthetics are notably better still than conventionals.

In my humble opinion, of course...

·
on line
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i sort of agree BUT, i do have some pinging even with 89 in the truck that has developed, and i have tried the better gas and no cure. Sometimes I have no choice but to put crappy gas in it because define crappy?

there are hardly NO top tier gas places in my area. which sucks...

·
on line
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh and i figure if this doesn't cure the ping or produces any advantage at all, then this will be the first and last fuel treatment (besides the chevron techron bottle every once in a while) this truck will get..

$70 buys a whole lot of beer...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts