Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
on line
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Powertrain? Without fuel you won't have any power. The question is... Does anyone have a problem when filling up thier fuel tank? When fueling up the pump will shutoff early, like 1/2 tank. most of the time you can restart the pump but have to keep it on slow. Sometimes the pump will keep clicking off like it is full. That is when you leave with only a 1/2 tank of gas. Does this happen to anyone else?

·
on line
2,077 Posts
yup, it's caused by the shape of the neck on the tank the the spout on the fuel pump. gas backs up in the neck and shuts it off, happens at various different gas stations for me. i generally know how many gallons i've used, so it's not hard to know if i need more or not.

·
on line
3,218 Posts
In AZ, perhaps due to EPA regs, the nozzles usually have some type of vapor containment shroud, which is made to flex and compress, thereby preventing full insertion of said filling apparatus.
:brilsmurf:

·
on line
2,077 Posts
DBAX said:
In AZ, perhaps due to EPA regs, the nozzles usually have some type of vapor containment shroud, which is made to flex and compress, thereby preventing full insertion of said filling apparatus.

it's not just in AZ, it's all over the country, more and more filling stations are changing over, and new ones are required to have these vapor reducing mechanisms

·
on line
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Partial inserstion is what I've been doing. Glad to know that it's not just mine. Missery loves company. Thanks for the replies.

·
on line
776 Posts
gas

DBAX said:
He said full insertion! lol... :cheers:

Try holding the handle sideways when you pump! I have this problem with the truck I use at work, and the sideways trick works for me...

·
on line
4,495 Posts
Some of those vapor recovery do-hickies will shut off the pump if its not inserted properly into the tank....

Whatever happened to just sticking the nozzle in, paying, and getting out. (I'm speaking of fuel, dirty minds.... :)) Now there is a list of instructions that rival on how to build a nuclear reactor in length.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts