Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
on line
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had 1/4 tank left when i filled up with gas tonight. When I started the truck up, I wrote the mileage on my gas receipt, then pulled away from the pump. I glanced down at my gauges and noticed that my fuel gauge was reading empty and the low level light was on.

When I got home, I shut the truck off and then started it again hoping it would reset, but no luck.

Has anyone else had this happen?

·
on line
1,208 Posts
not I

sorry bro

·
on line
15,651 Posts
What have they done? I should have had them look at it when it was in to get the new rear axle, but I was afraid that it would take them longer.

·
on line
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update: This morning I started up the X, and my gauge reads full, but now my SES light is on. When I got to work, I pulled the gas cap, and then put it back on (making sure it was tight). Hopefully, the light will reset. If not, I'll get the computer scanned.

·
on line
628 Posts
Muzikman said:
What have they done?
The only thing most dealerships know how to do; replace it. It seems to go bad every 4,000 or so miles. If it happens again, I am going to claim Lemon Law (4th Time), so that I can take it to another shop to actually troubleshoot the problem, while having Nissan USA pay for it.

·
on line
166 Posts
I can't comment on my direct car yet, but when I purchased it, it was only between 3/4 and full, and I commented to the wife, "Look, they didn't even fill it up!"...

Sounds like the problem?

·
on line
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So, I finally got a chance to take the X to Auto Zone. They scanned it and I have P0463 - which they told me was the Fuel Level Sending Unit Condition. Their computer says that P0463 is triggered by poor electrical connection at the fuel level sending unit. Probable cause is a failed fuel level sending unit.

I guess I'll be taking it in to Nissan - it is still under warranty (for another 6K)

·
on line
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I finally brought the truck into the dealership. It was the sending unit, but they didn't have one on hand. They gave me a 2008 Titan 2WD ext. cab long bed to drive while they fix the X. Its a nice vehicle, but I'd rather have my X. Should be fixed tomorrow - luckily it is still under warranty.

·
on line
509 Posts
I have a FSU that I bought and then the recall came out so I never used it so if your rig isn't covered under the recall I will sell it to you for real cheap.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts