Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
on line
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, the first time I opened the fuel door on my new X, the damn tension spring popped loose. I looked at it and can't figure out for the life of me how the thing is supposed to mount. Now the fuel door just kind of flops around like a skin tag on a fat European tourist. Anyone know how this thing mounts, so I don't have to swing by the Stealer for something this piddly?

·
on line
3,050 Posts
I have had this fixed before and I now need it fixed again....your fuel door swings open while your driving....right ...its a part the dealer neds to order...
sucks I know...

·
on line
294 Posts

·
on line
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like the magnet idea, and that's what I'll likely do. Obviously, this is pretty common and likely to happen again, so screw the clip. I don't need no stinkin' clip.

·
TNX Administrator
20,374 Posts

·
on line
358 Posts
I unbolted my hinge from the body. With the door with the hinge in hand I reinstalled the clip. It was easy that e=way and didn't have to try to not scratch the paint.

Reactions: MJP

·
on line
104 Posts
hey this happened to me when i first got my x too... if the little black clip thingy is still there, take the side of the clip that is loose and lever it TOWARDS the car. i went east at first then just forced it ant it popped into place... sorry if i did a bad job explaingin it but just sit there adn look at it and figure out how it works and do what you think is best

Reactions: MJP

·
on line
1,206 Posts
I gotta do the magnet thing... SO many people will like wave at me on the road and tell me my gas door is open, its getting old lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts