Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
on line
15,651 Posts
It's usually not a bad idea, usually they don't hurt. But most of the time they don't do much of anything. I will toss a bottle of dry gas in the tank every so often to try and get rid of the water that forms in the tank. That's about it.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
You can find a crapload of info on a google. Really it's not needed. In a new engine it will keep it clean, But in an old one, you may disrupt stuff that is stuck to the surface and run it into the injectors and that will cost you. Also you want to stay away from anything that will dry out the seals or is not O2 sensor safe. The amsoil is 100% safe to use. Also Lucas is safe as well as STP, and Stabil when used as directed. More is not better. But consistent use is better than occasional use as that is what will dislodge hunks of crap and run it through.

·
on line
190 Posts
f it's rated at 87 octane , keep it at 87 octane.

Go by what Nissan suggests

·
on line
120 Posts
Personally I can't stand Stabil. Dang near worthless from what I've seen. Best I've found is PRI-G. An industrial formula that not only keeps everything clean but is the worlds best fuel preserver. A little goes a long way too (1oz per 16gals). It is, however, not an upper cylinder lube. Then again, most aren't.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts